Notices

what could be wrong?

Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 AM
nyluder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what could be wrong?

my dad's car alarm remote is not working. this is the factory alarm. the only button working is the panic button. it can't close or open the door locks. what could be wrong? it not the batteries coz we put new ones in. and also both his remote are not working.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:45 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

sounds like its a problem with the door locks... maybe a fuse? try the power locks with the door switch... see if they work then.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:44 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Check the following:

Does it work with the key?
Does it work with the internal switches?
Are any fuses blown?
Listen for any ticking clicking noises when the remote or the switches are activated?

Finally open the door and check for voltage coming out of the black box (acutautor I think) going to the motor.
I've been told by a bodyshop guy that the black box is what often fails...$100-150 bucks.

noel
Old 05-13-2003, 08:46 AM
nyluder

Originally posted by vtecinside
Check the following:

Does it work with the key? YES
Does it work with the internal switches? YES
Are any fuses blown? NONE
Listen for any ticking clicking noises when the remote or the switches are activated? NONE

Finally open the door and check for voltage coming out of the black box (acutautor I think) going to the motor. WHERE EXACTLY IS THIS BLACK BOX located
I've been told by a bodyshop guy that the black box is what often fails...$100-150 bucks.

noel
Old 05-13-2003, 08:57 AM
decibel_dj

hmmmm... how about these:
short in one of the wires?
battery in remote is low?
did ur car battery die at any point?
(alarm battery drains if car battery dies then it resets to factory settings)

the "BLACK BOX" is normally (i moved mine ) located under the steering wheel column. just get on the floor look up with a flash light. u gonna ahve to move a few wires around (theres slack on them but dont pull to hard either) its up in the corner towards the fender wall.. you'll see it just look.. if u disconnect it you can still operate ur car u just wont have an alarm. the best thing to do is use the cut off switch first with ur key in the ignition start the car then pull the black box this way if ur alarm has ignition kill u just by passed it. you'll have to manually lock ur doors but u wont have an alarm till u reconnect or fix the problem
Old 05-13-2003, 09:47 AM
nyluder

decibel, the battery did die. i dont know why but it happened when he was changing his oil. he couldn't get under the car so he jacked the car really high ( i guess it tilted the battery). when he tried to start the car it wouldn't start. u think the battery is the reason? how could we fix this? buy another battery? i hope not coz teh battery is fairly new.