Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

What class and region are you running?

Old 05-11-2003, 07:59 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What class and region are you running?

Name: Michael Louie
Car: 2000 Honda Civic Si
Class: SCCA STS
Region: Susquehanna Region (Harrisburg, PA)

About the car: I've basically gotten the car almost 99% to the STS rules, just missing the rear sway bar, and VTEC Controller (which is in the works). I've been running STS for 6 years now ever since it was introduced in 1997. I ran 1/4 of a season in a 1988 CRX Si with my wife on Kumho VictorRacers. Purchased my car in March 2000 with 80 miles on it and it saw it's first autocross 100 miles later.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:44 PM
The Beav
i

Name: Benjamin "The Beav" Dow
Car: 1996 Honda Civic EX
REGION: OMR (Ozark Mountain Region)

I started auto-xing in 2001 with my father's wrx, starting this season i am racing my civic, which i am planning on performing a swap over to the b16 engine which mike has, and due to rather complicated and weird rules allows me to stay in sts, due to it being an optional engine on my generation
Old 05-12-2003, 06:02 PM
rick
not noob?

BS :exnbp:
Region SF
Old 05-12-2003, 07:03 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally posted by thewretchedbeaver
Name: Benjamin "The Beav" Dow
Car: 1996 Honda Civic EX
REGION: OMR (Ozark Mountain Region)

I started auto-xing in 2001 with my father's wrx, starting this season i am racing my civic, which i am planning on performing a swap over to the b16 engine which mike has, and due to rather complicated and weird rules allows me to stay in sts, due to it being an optional engine on my generation
If you are running SCCA STS rules you cannot do an engine swap in STS. The only car that allows it right now is the 1989 Civic Si engine into the 1988 DX Civic.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:50 PM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
If you are running SCCA STS rules you cannot do an engine swap in STS. The only car that allows it right now is the 1989 Civic Si engine into the 1988 DX Civic.
according to the guys on solo2.org, as long as it's an optional engine based on trim, i can do it, and my civic had to be 96-00 civic with a vtec engine then i could swap it for a b16 (civic si engine)
Old 05-12-2003, 08:27 PM
R92680

civicsiracer I PM you can you let me know about the rules and links about the classes, ect.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:22 PM
The Beav
i

Classes Help
Old 05-12-2003, 11:49 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Default Re: What class and region are you running?

Name: Stephan Huor
Car: 2001 Honda Civic EX
Region: Pacific NW Region

About the car:Just started autoxing last august and loved it the first time I did it. Learning abuot how to drive better is something I strive for each tiem I am otu there. I'm only running Falken Azenis and a couple of suspension mods in STS. So far I've held the bottom of the rack in standings but at least I'm trying
Old 05-13-2003, 06:31 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name: David Clemens Vincent
Car: '92 Civic vx
Class: STS for now, although technically illegal (nobody cares, I'm slow)
Region: Rocky Mountain Division, Colorado Region

About my autox beater: Bought the car in August '01 and autocrossed H-stock for the rest of '01 and until August '02. Raced STS for the first time in August '02. My car is old and dying, so its rebirth will take place over this summer. Plan: B20Z swap with LSD, full urethane bushings, OEM Honda swaybars (probably LS front, ITR rear), and a set of Azenis for my new 10.8 lbs fifteens . Goal: Street Mod by the end of summer, and hopefully my skills will catch up with the car shortly thereafter.:thumbup:
Old 05-14-2003, 04:32 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Name: Harry Leach
Car: 1985 CRX DX
Class: SCCA CSP
Region: Tidewater, Old Dominion and Tar Heel Car clubs, whatever regions those are

The car has dual 40DCOE Weber sidedraft carbs, blueprinted and balanced '85 Si engine, .040 overbore, DC 4-2-1 header, Full MSD ignition system, OPM LSD, CM Stage 3 clutch, Energy suspension bushings and a broken transmission input shaft

Current plans for the car are to see what exactly is broke in the transmission, get that fixed so it doesn't happen again, move up to some 15" subzeros with some better tires and maybe start looking at stiffer suspension unless the Honda Challenge car is going to be finished by this winter, in which case I need to buy safety equipment.