Notices

The new guy

Old 05-10-2003, 06:51 AM
lingerbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new guy

Hi guys. I am new to the forum. I have a completely stock 92 Accord (DX to kick!). My co-worker who has souped up his brand new Pontiac Grand Prix has convinced me to take a look at my car and do some mods.

I'm 31, so I don't want to look like I'm trying to be 18 again, but I would like to make some subtle changes to make it faster and look nicer.

I just bought a CAI and am waiting for it to come in the mail. (bought it fom procarparts.com) I have read (on this forum) that they are pretty easy to install. Any problems I need to watch for?

Additionally, does anyone have any advice on what I should do to this car for some added hp? I am on a pretty tight budget. I don't want it really loud, but I'm not against making it sound a little beafier. Definitely don't want the "chain saw" sound!

There's really no sense in me posting pictures because everything is stock so far. Anyway, I enjoy reading all the posts and checking out the sweet cars on this site. Thanks for any advice you want to give me.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

a CAI is definately a good start... as far as bolt ons ... a header and exhaust are the other two main options. there are exhaust systems out there that sound nice and don't have the "chainsaw" sound... greddy SP has a pretty deep growl and don't sound like a fartcan
Old 05-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

welcome to the boards :wavey:
Old 05-10-2003, 10:00 AM
bumski667
Proud Family Sedan

um..did you get an AEM CAI or generic? I think the generics are the same, but i have the AEM and you do have to cut a larger hole to make the pipe fit into the bumper. You'll know what i mean when u get it i would suggest power tools if you have any to enlarge the whole..i didn't have any and used a saw and it took forever...good luck.

other mods, headers, exhausts...prolly what you can do on a budget...
Old 05-10-2003, 11:14 AM
RY2K
5 speed

welcome
you could change you're corner & bumper lights if you feel like some subtle changes

Originally posted by bumski667
um..did you get an AEM CAI or generic? I think the generics are the same, but i have the AEM and you do have to cut a larger hole to make the pipe fit into the bumper. You'll know what i mean when u get it i would suggest power tools if you have any to enlarge the whole..i didn't have any and used a saw and it took forever...good luck.

other mods, headers, exhausts...prolly what you can do on a budget...
can i see pics of your intake
Old 05-10-2003, 11:16 AM
bumski667
Proud Family Sedan

Originally posted by RY2K

can i see pics of your intake
um...i'll try to get some up...
Old 05-10-2003, 01:14 PM
AcuraFanatic

Welcome to the board.
Old 05-10-2003, 02:01 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Welcome aboard.. yeah definately dont try and be 18 and slap on the fast and the furious stuff. Keeping it mild and subtle is the way to go. As for up grades most people start off by opening up the air way with intake, header, and exhaust. After youve got the air flowing youll want to look into fuel upgrades such as a fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail. After upgrading air and fuel you can get an air/ fuel controller and start tuning. There are endless ways to upgrade your accord, this is just what most people do first but its all up to you. Looks wise you can look into lips, lights, rims, a mild drop. Whatever you do have fun and make sure to ask plenty of questions here because people of HAN love to answer them. :thumbup:
Old 05-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yay another old guy on the board

I am 32 and feel the same way about my mods.

Welcome to the board and subtle mods for the 4th gen are all over the place just depends on how you want to go with it.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:27 AM
lingerbw

Thanks for all the input! I will post a pic of the intake when I install it. Don't hold your breath, I don't think it's going to be anything fantastic, but it's a start.

Thanks again, and I will keep reading (and asking) before I do anything!!