Notices

suggestions?

Old 05-08-2003, 11:09 PM
drocca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions?

We all know how we all love our cars, how keeping them in good shape how for some people it has a higher priority than keeping themselves in good shape. OK, here is my issue, I am going to go back home next week and I'll be leaving my car for three months parked in an uncovered parking lot:wtc:. There is no way I can take it back with me and I'm very worried about what is going to happen to my car, even worst, it has leather interior and those UV rays are just gonna tear it up. I have no idea of what I am going to do:dunno:...Does anyone has any suggestion? Do those wal-mart car covers do the job??
Old 05-09-2003, 12:13 AM
hottieaccordrcr

Default car cover

go get a car cover from honda that will do the job
Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

I would get a big cover to cover your seat, put the windshield blocker for the front and back, put autolock and the club on the car and park it in an area where security drives by.

I wouldn't use a car cover because moisture will get trapped underneath, and it makes the car even more noticeable that it is there for a long time.

Get wheel locks for your wheels since you have the EX with alloys.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:01 AM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

Why cant you take it home??
Old 05-09-2003, 11:55 AM
drocca

I was thinking of just buying one of those cheap car covers, hondas are like 160 bucks whereas the other ones are like 40.

I don't think security is going to be an issue here so I'm not really concerned about that side of the problem.

I can't take it home because I'm just here for school and home is in a different country, taking it home would be insanely expensive because of the customs and taxes and all that crap plus transportation.

Should I wash and wax it and everything right before leaving? any suggestions of a good product for the leather?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:59 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

meguairs :thumbup:

yeah wash and wax it and wipe the seats with meguairs products.. put up sunshades so no uv rays or thieves can look past the windows.. and probably ask your neighbors to look over your car while your gone