Notices

Exhaust

Old 05-08-2003, 07:49 PM
1911mojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

I am looking to purchase a Exhaust system for my 99 RL and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or if they had have an exhaust on their car now....Thanks.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:15 PM
acurabrothers

Default Custom Dyno'd Brullen Exhaust

I have looked to the ends of the earth for aftermarket exhaust for this car. I haven't been successful, so I'm having one created.

I am currently having a Brullen Exaust made for my 97 RL.
I have the best performance shop custom tunning it as we speak. I only had to have my car shipped 900 km to the shop mind you! They have it strapped on the Dyno as I am writting this. It is running me just over $1400.00 canadian ($1005 USD) including tunning.

The Brullen exhaust is very researved. It sounds really tight and NOT raspy, like those little civics buzzing around.

They suggested they would create a duplicate exhaust for me at a cost of $1100 canadian ($790 USD). (I have a buddy with an RL that may want one for his car too). So I'd be happy to order one up for any other RL enthusiast out there. (I don't wish to profit from this financially and I'd be happy to send one out to you).

I'll try to get around to posting my dyno results for everyone's purusal.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:03 PM
vrDJScrible

have you tried greddy?
Old 05-20-2003, 04:00 PM
acurabrothers

I think the Brullen is of greater quality and sound.
That's just opinion though.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:07 PM
vrDJScrible

I'm not so sure about that :-) i've got greddy on my legend, i had it imported from japan. Best sounding exhaust i've ever heard :-)
Old 06-20-2003, 12:01 PM
XtremeMotorWerk

Default RL Exhaust

Hows it goin guys, I actually use to have a comptech RL exhaust on my 97, but I took it off because it restricted flow too much. I currently have custom 3" piping with a HKS titanium muffler. Its easy to build your own exhaust and it comes out more to your liking. If your seriously interested in performance work for your 96-98 RL let me know. I am currently running a full turbo kit, nitrous kit manifold/intercooler, and a whole bunch of other performace work. Let me know if your interested. Take care and good luck.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:44 AM
vrDJScrible

what turbo? who designed it? what manifold? what nitrious kit? how many lbs on the turbo? how big of a shot on the nitrious? what have you done to the internals? what have you done to the tranny to hold the power?

not to sound rude or anything but i think your bullshittin that you have a turbo and running nitrious. For one unless you did some major upgrades to the interals they aren't gonna hold. Two if you haven't upgraded your tranny it's not gonna hold the power either. Unless of coarse your running 1lb and like a 25 shot. I pushed my Legend about as far as anyone has (i have yet to see anyone get the power I got out of mine, with a stock bottom end, and to get a built bottom end it's all custom work). Do you have a dyno sheet you can show? what about pic's? what about a time slip?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:20 PM
XtremeMotorWerk

Default Turbo RL

There is no turbo manifold, the turbo is located under the car in the midsection of the exhaust where the headers meet. I'm running only 7lbs of boost and its running fine thank you. No internal work done as of now though. The nitrous kit I'm using is a universal wet kit with a 75 shot to the intake and 100 to the intercooler w/ a NX N-tercooler system. Take a look at the pictures of the install process @cardomain.com Its under 1997 Turbo RL on the 2nd page.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:23 PM
XtremeMotorWerk

Default Under Car Turbo Install Shot

Under Car Turbo Install Shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
336494_2_full.jpg (24.0 KB, 112 views)
Old 07-02-2003, 12:24 PM
XtremeMotorWerk

Default Intercooler Install Shot