Notices

Car Alarm Suggestions...

Old 05-07-2003, 07:12 PM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Alarm Suggestions...

Where i live there are a lot of stupid kids that like to play in other people driveways, ditching their bikes, throwing things, and chasing eachother around peoples cars. I also have a pretty nice pioneer deck in there that I would like to keep. This and the risk of leaving my car in other places like school and downtown brings up the thought of a car alarm for me.

I do not know much of anything about them, but i do know what i want, I want one that you can easily change the sensitivity of it, and is reliable, i want it to be able to unlock my doors with that cool keypad if possible, i also want to be able to lock my doors, and get that cool little chirp . I saw one somwhere that said that if it was tapped lightly, it would only go off for 3 seconds and then stop, but if it was hit hard that it would fully engage, this would be nice, cuz my step bro has one that goes off if somone goes by with their system turned up

So any sugestions, tips, advice, etc would be great.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 05-07-2003, 07:20 PM
dantastic
cx power!

clifford = best on the market. (just dont get the matrix series). theyre expensive, only cuz they work, and they have a lifetime waranty.

just remember to take off your faceplate as often as possible. it takes <5sec to steal ur headunit
Old 05-07-2003, 07:27 PM
pirate252

<5 sec, holy crap... Whats wrong with this 'matrix' series
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 PM
dantastic
cx power!

the matrix series is the same as the viper style alarms. ask any pro installer. clifford's are harder to install, and they're harder to defeat
Old 05-07-2003, 07:51 PM
pirate252

I have been lookin at them, and yes you were right, but they are a little pricy for me, actually way out of my range, are 'Crime Stopper" brand any good they are more towards what i can afford.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:04 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by dantastic
clifford = best on the market.
:werd:xinfinity

Originally posted by dantastic
the matrix series is the same as the viper style alarms. ask any pro installer. clifford's are harder to install, and they're harder to defeat
exactly. I will never own a Viper alarm as long as I live. It's Clifford fo' Life!!! I own a high end Clifford now and I love it. I would have liked to have the AG4, but it was a bit out of my price range.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:06 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I had them crimestopper the old s2000 series, they're average, and no better than any other system.

Also, i've seen some arlarm that cost $400-600. They have a small pager monitor about 1 mi. radius and allowed you to view, set, aim, or turn on/off your arlarm within that area. I don't know the brand but would like to know as well. So far, I've heard many recommendation about Clifford, so I think it's my next mod after I've done everything to my car this summer.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:14 PM
pirate252

Originally posted by PoohBoi

Also, i've seen some arlarm that cost $400-600. They have a small pager monitor about 1 mi. radius and allowed you to view, set, aim, or turn on/off your arlarm within that area. I don't know the brand but would like to know as well. So far, I've heard many recommendation about Clifford, so I think it's my next mod after I've done everything to my car this summer.
Is this what you were talking about, i read about it when lookin around at the systems that were sugested...

Here

http://www.techtv.com/freshgear/prod...419836,00.html
Old 05-07-2003, 08:16 PM
pirate252

Man maybe ill just have to wait till i can afford one of those cliffords, they sound really nice. I found one from CrimeStoppers that was pretty cool, it has a radar system that will chirp your alarm if someone gets to claoe to your car, plus all the other goodies.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:03 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I don't remember well, but that look pretty close, btw, it's a complete system but 700-900 is quite exepensive. my max would just be 400 out of my pocket