Notices

6th Gen Suspension Tuning/Advice

Old 05-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Kingseth2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th Gen Suspension Tuning/Advice

I drive a 98 4cyl 5speed Sedan. I have searched the board and read many post regarding suspension and shock upgrades. However I still have some questions for anyone who would like to chime in:

While I really enjoy the soft feel of the Accords suspension, I desire a more solid feel and connectivity with the road. My friend’s 95 Civic EX is definitely more “driver friendly” although is/can be stiff and harsh over rough road.

1)Would the combination of Eibach Pro-kit springs along with KYB AGX shocks (if they ever come out for the 6th gen) produce a more sporty ride, without ruining the fluidity of the Accord ride?

2) If I do lower my car 1.4”, how will this affect the loading capacity, i.e. driving with a full load in the trunk and/or with 4-5 people in the car. Will the ride/handling be as supremely balanced as with the original OEM setup?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know many of the HAN members have similar spring/shock setups, I would like to know your opinions to these questions as well as any other concerns or areas I should/would need to address.

Thanks
Seth
Old 05-07-2003, 08:26 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you go stiff, you ride won't be the same. However, expect some better handling. Save the old suspension incase you decide to go back

Lowering up to 1.75 is not that much, the stiffer springs/shocks will help you car handle the regular expected loads.

I do not have that set-up. I also had those consideration as you, that's why I went for coilover so I can change my mind anytime.