Notices

91 Accord

Old 05-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Disturbed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Accord

I've just receintly got a 91 accord, mint condition, 1 owner. I'm fairly new to accord and whats hot n not to add. I'm use to Toyota's. But i was wondering if anyone readin this to help me out a bit.. i'm lookin for good link to Kits, Intake/Exhaust, Rims, Engine mods plz lemme know... thanks
Old 05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
aero3685

Where you located @ in FL?

Im in sw, and I also have a 91. THe first thing you should do would be learn about the car, and how it handles, blah blah... Then save up for real parts... not cheap stuff.

First things I would suggest would be a drop, then wheels. Intake you can get pretty much anywhere, and will all do about the same. Exhaust you should do a cat-back type, and you should find out how it sounds on a car like yours before ya buy it. Thats all just beginning stuff, im sure everyone else will add on.

But one thing to remember...never settle for cheap knock off stuff, because it really does make a difference.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Disturbed

Well im from Orlando fl moved here for school and took my accord from back home. But yeah what would be the best drop to get? coilover n shit... but i have been noticing that my car handes pretty bad leaning more on turns than before. I def know that i need a strut bar
As far as rims, i'd like to get polished 8 spoke enkei rims hopfully. but lemme know sum things

Peace
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 PM
aero3685

Yeah, Coilovers are the best way to go I would say. Because, before I thought of getting springs and shocks, and dropping it like 1.5" I ended up getting Tokico Coilovers, and they say they drop up to 3" and I have them about 1/4" from the bottom. It sounds like it is slammed but it really doesnt look like it But I always know that if I need it raised, I can just go into the garage, and do some twisting.

Stay away from the cheap coilover sleeves, they will break on ya. Mine cost 785. That was everything. But another 130 for front camber kit, and like 5 for rear kit(bolts and washers) You should spend about that much on them. Try http://groupbuycenter.com for some good prices.

Yeah, a strut bar would help a bit with the swaying. A front upper strut bar helped mine alot b4 i dropped it, even though people said it wouldnt. But I would suggest doing the drop first, and then get that worked out, and then rims. Because when you first drop it, camber is gonna be way off, and I would rather be ruining stock cheap tires rather than expensive ones.

Another thing is have you worked on cars before? Cuz working on it yourself will save you...In many cases almost as much as you spend on the parts. I never installed anything as time consuming as suspension stuff, but I did my coilovers by myself in about 6 hours. And I learned alot. I can pretty much take my car apart and put it back together...and have(except getting into engine and tranny...havent ventured into that experience yet)
Old 05-09-2003, 04:29 AM
Disturbed

Hrm yeah i figured coilovers would be good, i've only done certain things on cars before like u know do the lightiin, system n stuff but nothing really hard. I'm kinda new to working on cars since i went to school to be a bike mechanic. Yeah so hopefully i'll get my car up and goin soon.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:14 AM
aero3685

Well, one of the best things to get would be a Helms Shop Manual. It goes through everything step by step w/pictures. Yeah, 80 might be a bit much on a book, but it will be one book that you will read over and over, and will actually pay for itself after you use it a few times.

But just start w/small things like oil, spark plugs/wires, new intake, and slowly you will get better.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:54 AM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

Welcome yo, I got a 93 Akkord, there are a lot of different sites to find stuff off, but I'll give ya a list of some of the more popular ones I can think of off the top of my head.
www.rims4u.com www.wheelmax.com www.speedandstyle.com www.tirerack.com, thats just for rims, springs, shox, suspension stuff.

www.visracing.com they have some really good body kits, there are a lot of others, but i havent really researched kits just yet.

But welcome to the board, you'll learn a lot of stuff here, and have fun with your car. Good Luck:thumbup:

Oh yea, def get a Haynes Manual, or even the little $10 one they sell at advanced and autozone, cant think of the name right now. But, they do come in very handy.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Disturbed

Thanks to both of u guys... yeah i'm hopin not to lean towards the "all show no go" when i want to do it right. but enigine is the main part of what i want. i mean, theres no point in all show if u aint got the balls under the hood, to me the car is worth squat.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:57 PM
dresden_k
RIP H22A-CB7 :(

Hey Disturbed - welcome to the board... I have a '91 two door myself.

I went with the cliche h22a swap and after a short period of mixed feelings, I'm in love with my car. It doesn't have the torque of a V8 or a turbo'd car, but I can race most cars and win.

If you do the engine swap or build up route, you'll need to build up the brakes and suspension too, in my humble opinion... So, I suggest going for springs and dampers or a coilover set first, unless you have some major $$$ to play with right away. I have Eibach's and Koni's in my car and I love the way my car handles. Good luck.. keep us posted.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Disturbed

Thanks i'll prob end oup doin what u said, cuz i had that in mind, As for ur enigine, how much hp u pushin out now? and what type of engine swap should i do? i'd like to have sum decent power and as well as top end.