Notices

Tornado+Accord=BAD

Old 05-05-2003, 02:43 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado+Accord=BAD

Well last night at about 2:30AM, a wonderful storm, nobody knows for sure if it really was a Tornado, came through the Boro. I went out at about 4:00AM to check on the cars. All I noticed was the passenger mirror was shattered and there was a nasty scuff along the drivers side where something (garbage can?) hit then slid along the lenght of the car. Well at about 11:00 AM when I actually got out of bed, I went out to notice that the entire hood, roof, trunk, and the entire drivers side of the car is totally covered in dents. I say dents because dings can't describe it. It is pretty severe. All the trim on the drivers side is also either dinged or broken as well. As it sits, the car may be totalled. With so much damage over just about the entire car, plus the mileage (175k) they'll probably write it off as a loss. I don't know what I'll get for it, it WAS in excellent condition, no door dings or scratches, a little paint chipping from the front bumper.

Now, what do I do. I don't want to start driving the FD yet, plus it is in Chicago. The fiance drives the Rodeo, which also suffered some damage, but is too new to be totalled. She wants to get a Mustang, but I am not for that. I would like to get a 94-95 Accord EX Coupe again, but a 5spd this time. Or maybe even an Accord EX Wagon, that would be cool (with some good mods ) If anyone can host pics for me I'll put them up. Just PM me or whatever with your email. You'll have to give me time though, with it STILL storming, you can't see the dents well when the car is wet.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:19 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

What really sux is that I was gonna go to my first meet on May 18th in Nashvegas, but now I don't know. Maybe I'll show up (if I still have the car) with a disclaimer on the damage!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:06 PM
adslinstaller

what meet are you referring to?
Old 05-05-2003, 04:38 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

There is a meet sponsored by THRUST in Nashville at 100 Oaks Mall on May 18th from 12-whenever. I got the PM from accordfreak93 the other day about it. You should go. I am pretty sure I'll still be there.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:44 PM
accordfreak93
good as new, well almost

holy shit! that really sux. im sorry to hear bout ure loss. hopefully it will work out for ya. but dont let it steer ya away from the meet. it should still be fun even tho the cord is messed up. these storms really suck, it supposed to keep on for a little while with scattered shit. if ya need somewhere to host pics, i can do it.

btw, adslinstaller, the link for the meet is http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=461976