Notices

6gen 4dr door speaker install

Old 05-05-2003, 05:06 AM
mpykalo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6gen 4dr door speaker install

I have Polk component 6.5" with separate tweeters and 4" with separate tweeters (bought these for my previous car - Passat). I am thinking of installing the 6.5" in the doors - I will cut new holes in the door panel for the tweeters. I may also install the tweeters from the 4" set in the factory dash location. Finally, I plan to buy Polk 6X9s for the rear and will also install my Bazooka in the trunk.
My OEM setup includes 6 speakers: 2 tweeters in the dash, 6.5" in the front doors, 6x9 on the rear deck.

Can anyone suggest how to gain access to the front door speakers on a 2002 4 door... also please comment on my intended setup.

Thanks, M
Old 05-05-2003, 05:32 AM
DriftKing

one of two things. . .you can either take the whoel door panel off. or you canjust pull the grill off and glue it back with some super glue or epoxy. i did the second and my grills are very secure.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:54 AM
mpykalo

Also, any comments on the Bazooka installation? I have the one with its own amp. How does one set up an external amp with the factory deck? Does the deck have the connections?
I like this factory deck as it has a CD and casette, also I prefer to retain the OEM look of the interior.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:51 PM
ghettobuddha

Default Re: 6gen 4dr door speaker install

Originally posted by mpykalo
I have Polk component 6.5" with separate tweeters and 4" with separate tweeters (bought these for my previous car - Passat). I am thinking of installing the 6.5" in the doors - I will cut new holes in the door panel for the tweeters. I may also install the tweeters from the 4" set in the factory dash location. Finally, I plan to buy Polk 6X9s for the rear and will also install my Bazooka in the trunk.
My OEM setup includes 6 speakers: 2 tweeters in the dash, 6.5" in the front doors, 6x9 on the rear deck.

Can anyone suggest how to gain access to the front door speakers on a 2002 4 door... also please comment on my intended setup.

Thanks, M
To access the door... damn i wish i had pictures... but here goes my simple desciptions.

BE SURE TO ROLL YOUR WINDOW DOWN BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS

Right behind the handle (on the interior) there is a screw behind a small round plastic cover. Pop off the cover and it's a phillips screw, undo this. Pull out the whole handle assemble, and disconnect the hook from the actual handle.

There is also a small screw in the armrest where there is a groove (that place where you hold on to in order to close the door. It is too behind a small platic panel... another phillips screw.

There is a small plastic screw near the top of the door near the side mirrors, just yank it out. There is also a plastic cover right where the side view mirror is (the triangle of plastic in the corner of your window) which you just yank off, it's held by 2 clips.

Make sure you don't lose any of these screws/plastic covers (i put them in my cup holder)

You can just yank the bottom of the door panel now, and it will pop off. Pull away, then up, make note of the electical connectors inside and unplug them. You should have access to your speakers now.

I think there are pics somewhere, but it's really really easy.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:01 PM
AccordCutie

I found this site for my bf when installed my speakers for me recently...pictures and everything. Maybe it works for the 2002 as well.

http://www.morningz.com/mz/integra/a..._doorpanel.asp