Notices

Jag style tail light mod, 94 accord, HELP

Old 05-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Illicit Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jag style tail light mod, 94 accord, HELP

hey guys, i'm sure you all know about the Jag-style tail lights for the 94-5 accord, i like them very very much. but the thing is, i really wanted BOTH circles to be the "break lights." but i didn't know how to wire 2 bulbs into the two circle things, and then wire the blinkers into somthing else....... i need some help on this one. if anyone knows any websites that show some "how to" stuff that would be nice......

thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 08:48 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

It's in HAN DIY Forum. It's also on www.AccordRacing.com. Though I never tried but would like to do that this summer. Simple Relay method I guess.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:58 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

AccordRacing doesn't have it.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:02 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

They do, last time I check it's was a long 4 pages threads in the 5th Gen forum
Old 05-04-2003, 09:02 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Oh I was looking in the DIY forum.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:06 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

it'z all kewl............anyways, my theoretical method, Run a long wire from the front parking/signal light to the rear if you don't want to mess with relay.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:28 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

The wirring is right at the tail light... its really easy... All you do is get 2 new dual filament sockets for 1157 bulbs from an autoparts store, that'll fit the holes on the lenses. You'll also need a trailer wirring adapter, the one that is made for cars with seperate turn signals... this will be so that the 2 circles will flash for the turn signals, while the 2 circles on the other side of the car will light up for brake lights, along with the center high mount stop lamp.

While you're at it, wire the second circles for parking lights too... looks much better at night than just one circle for tail lights, plus its safer cause its brighter.

Another method is to use the "back-up" light part of the lens for the turn signal bulb... but then you lose your back-up lights.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:22 AM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
...Another method is to use the "back-up" light part of the lens for the turn signal bulb... but then you lose your back-up lights.
This is why I don't have them on my car. They look great but I'd rather have the reserve light section as the turn signals and have a little white/clear section for the reverse lights.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
The wirring is right at the tail light... its really easy... All you do is get 2 new dual filament sockets for 1157 bulbs from an autoparts store, that'll fit the holes on the lenses. You'll also need a trailer wirring adapter, the one that is made for cars with seperate turn signals... this will be so that the 2 circles will flash for the turn signals, while the 2 circles on the other side of the car will light up for brake lights, along with the center high mount stop lamp.

While you're at it, wire the second circles for parking lights too... looks much better at night than just one circle for tail lights, plus its safer cause its brighter.

Another method is to use the "back-up" light part of the lens for the turn signal bulb... but then you lose your back-up lights.
I get the dual Filament sockets, that's the same as the one used for parking/break light right? Also, where do I get the trailer wiring adapter? and how to wire those wires together, color matching? If possible, can you help post the Wiring Diagram? Thanks, I've heard of the relay method, but this is new.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:32 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Hey guys, I couldn't find the link