Notices

starting problems

Old 05-04-2003, 11:14 AM
rcoolb2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems

When i try to first start my Legend (90) I have to turn it over for a long time before it kicks on. Can anyone explain why it does this and anyway i can fix this problem.

THanks
~rc
Old 06-30-2003, 09:59 PM
vermsta

If you got code 8 stored in your ecm memory i'm going through the exact same thing on my girlfreinds 90 legend. I'm in the process of figuring it out, I just don't have the time to spend on it right now. I'm pretty sure i'm going to find the problem either in the tdc sensor or the crank angle sensor. Only problem is neither of them or something you just replace and say oh well if it didn't work. One cost 100 bucks and requires pulling the timing belt off the other one is prolly going to cost over 200 dollars.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:15 AM
mossman
Mark

Originally Posted by vermsta
If you got code 8 stored in your ecm memory i'm going through the exact same thing on my girlfreinds 90 legend. I'm in the process of figuring it out, I just don't have the time to spend on it right now. I'm pretty sure i'm going to find the problem either in the tdc sensor or the crank angle sensor. Only problem is neither of them or something you just replace and say oh well if it didn't work. One cost 100 bucks and requires pulling the timing belt off the other one is prolly going to cost over 200 dollars.
Check your fuel pressure. Perhaps it is taking a while for fuel to reach the engine after your car has been sitting for a while. I have a 95 Legend and have the same problem in the morning. I found that if I turn the key to the ON position and wait a couple seconds, it starts right up.