Notices

'97 RL + A'pex Super Airflow Converter

Old 05-02-2003, 04:13 PM
acurabrothers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 RL + A'pex Super Airflow Converter

I am dying to make more power from my '97 RL. So after upgrading my air intake, and planning for a custom exaust (dyno tuned), the only other logical thing I have come across (for cheap) is an air/fuel converter. So I bought one.

This unit is a "piggy-back" computer that overrides the stock computer's airflow measurement based on monitoring throttle and RPM signals. The best thing about this unit is it varies the compensation for different loads (throttle positions) and in 1000 RPM incriments from idol to red line. When tuned using the proper equipment (dyno, etc.) by a qualified tuner (hard to find), I expect to see an increase of 8 - 10 horsepower - realistic guess.

Basically, by remapping my air/fuel mixture, I expect to gain power simply by the increase in efficiency.

When my tuner gets back from One Lap of America, the RL will be put on the dyno and sensors will be shoved in every orophus. My RL will be bending over to give a few good coughs...

POINT BEING...

I am sticking my neck out and (as far as I know) am going to be the first person to install this unit in an RL. Once installed, other RL owners may purchase this unit, and I will be more than willing to share my tuning specs. I'll be posting my before & after dyno print outs so you can see the results.

I may have to upgrade my injectors so I can dump more fuel on the fire. We'll see.

ANYWAY, I just purchased the unit, and will be tuning about May 14, 03. It should be finished by May 16. I'll post the info then (after a few tanks of fuel and maybe a few speeding tickets).

I would love to hear any insight into my project.

Thx
Old 05-14-2003, 03:04 PM
vrDJScrible

sorry i've had one on my legend for almost 2 years :-) it made a huge difference on my G2 legend. if you want more info let me know
Old 05-20-2003, 03:58 PM
acurabrothers

Do I EVER!

Please tell me. I'm excited to know.

Little late on the response on my part.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:36 PM
vrDJScrible

When i was running nitrious i had my fuel curve increase start at 5% just under 4k rpm's, and increased to 15% up to 7k rpm's. I only wanted the fuel increase when i was spraying so i had my low/high points set to 85% for the low and 95% for my high. I'm not sure on the high point but i am on the low point.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:56 PM
tigerty

SEND ME PICTURES OF YOUR RL WITH 20" ON IT I BROUGHT 20'S
BUT THEY LOOK ULGY ON THE CAR I HAVE 99 RL 20X8.5 RIM
Old 06-20-2003, 09:03 AM
XtremeMotorWerk

Default RL/SAFC

Your actually not the first partner, I'm way ahead of you actually. I've got the SAFC already running and tuned. Let me know if you need any help. In the meantime, I also have a turbo on my RL and its boosting great but its cutting off at 4k rpms in 2nd gear. I think its because the map sensor doesn't know what to do with the boost so it bogs out, but I don't know quite how to fix it. I was thinking about a missing link but they don't make a specific one for our cars. Unfortunatly thats always the case but you gotta get over that I guess. If anyone knows anything please let me know. Any questions feel free to ask I'm always online. Acuraracingteam@aol.com Take care and good luck with your RL's.