Notices

Sloshing water in rear of del Sol

Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 PM
kraigbr@msn.com
Kraig Brockschmidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloshing water in rear of del Sol

After a heavy rain or going through a car wash, I generally hear water sloshing around in the back my '93 del Sol, around the rear window. This ends up allowing moisture into the trunk which I have successfully blocked with a few spare diapers.

I believe that are some drains under the compartments in the back there--perhaps those are clogged? Is it normal to have water drain through the back window assembly?

I'm wondering if some water also gets trapped in that window assembly too, only to leak out slowly. In any case, I'm wondering if this is a common experience or what. I can especially hear water moving when going around a corner when it happens.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
WannaBe

Try this link
http://www.teamsolcal.com/forum/view...p?f=33&t=16431
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
kraigbr@msn.com
Kraig Brockschmidt

That's perfect--exactly what I was thinking and now I understand where the water is too. Thanks for the link! Maybe someday I'll be able to go through a car wash again
Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 PM
sdfgdg

Do not know what the situation
Old 11-22-2011, 04:35 PM
93 del sol

Default Del Sol, water sloshing in rear window

I was able to use a wooden dowel (~0.25 inch diam. x ~30 inch long) and stick it into the drain holes (visible with window down using flashlight). Minor plugging by leaf debris was easily dislodged and drained all the debris and water out. I'd try this before removing ANY body parts.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
gkjhnrtund

where the water is too. Thanks for the link! Maybe
Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
gkjhnrtund

Minor plugging by leaf debris was easily dislodged and drained all the
Old 01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
gkjhnrtund

was easily dislodged and drained all the debris and water
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 AM
carman1

Default Easy No Maintenance Fix

I used someone elses idea and went to Wamart and bought the generic effervescent denture cleanser tablets (equate) for $2.97. I rolled down my back window; dropped 2 tablets on each side and 30 minutes later there was a puddle under my car. I have had the problem of water being held up in this compartment every time it has rained for over 2 years now. Problem solved without any maintenance.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:46 AM
antg916

Originally Posted by carman1
I used someone elses idea and went to Wamart and bought the generic effervescent denture cleanser tablets (equate) for $2.97. I rolled down my back window; dropped 2 tablets on each side and 30 minutes later there was a puddle under my car. I have had the problem of water being held up in this compartment every time it has rained for over 2 years now. Problem solved without any maintenance.
I followed this quick-fix as I didn't have time to take apart the rear compartments of my 1997 Honda Del Sol and I didn't want the water to sit for a period of time. I bought similar denture cleaner tablets from Target for about $6 for a pack of 150. I rolled my rear window down, shined my camera light and saw the build-up of water with 20+ years of debris buildup. I dropped about 5 to 6 tablets down the window slit, drove around the block to make turns and parked again. Two drip puddles underneath on the car on both sides (a few inches in front of both rear wheels) started to form. It was slow but I believe the tablets helped. The next morning I saw 2 larger puddles on the garage floor/driveway. I drove around and didn't hear sloshing. I plan to do the through cleaning of that area and removing my interior per previous how-to posts but i found this very helpful. Thanks to whoever thought about the tablets.

Some forums mention it's your gas tank moving around but this sound wasn't happening before for me.

Here are some links to posts:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...seats-3225770/

http://teamsolcal.com/forum/thread-1917.html (this one used to have photobucket pics loaded but no longer avail. I also believe this has the original denture tablet advice)

Thanks all