Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

I think I figured out why left front tire always has more scuff than right

Old 04-21-2003, 07:27 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I figured out why left front tire always has more scuff than right

Ok, tell me if this is a safe assumption...

I just noticed that the driver side rear trailing arm bushing...that really big one that goes thru the center of the trailing arm...is torn all the way thru, and the right side one is not quite all the way thru, but almost.

Does it make sense that the left side is getting substantially more body roll becuz that one bushing is totally useless? Could that be why the left front tire has more scuffage after a track day?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:31 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

It also can be because your car is not corner weighed correctly. Since most cars with a driver (and no passenger) would be heavier on the driver's side that side will get more wear.

It can be fixed by getting the car corner weighed, or flipping the tire on the rim every so often say after 5-7 events.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:16 AM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
It also can be because your car is not corner weighed correctly. Since most cars with a driver (and no passenger) would be heavier on the driver's side that side will get more wear.

It can be fixed by getting the car corner weighed, or flipping the tire on the rim every so often say after 5-7 events.
good point about the driver side additional weight, i usually take a a passenger with me to balance it out, and they can sometimes provide some insight that i don't think about when running a course