Notices

civic or accord dillemma, pls read!

Old 04-19-2003, 09:59 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic or accord dillemma, pls read!

hi all, just came back from the auto show today in NY with my old man. i thought we were just browsing around and sitting in all the nice cars. i currently drive a 2001 civic and its under a lease. the lease will be ending in a few months. anyways, while we were at the honda section, my dad saw a 2003 accord EX V6 sedan with leather. i told him this is a new model with some really cool new features. he sat in it and said he loved the seats, instumentation, etc. the sticker price was $27K. i dont remember if it had the DVD navi but my dad said its not really expensive for such a nice car. he liked it even more than all the Acuras because he said the accord's interior is really luxurious compared to the TL and CL, etc. i really like the new accord too. the meters are bright as HELL!!!! and the dash is so sexy. he gave me the impression that he wanted to get it for me to replace my civic when the lease is up. now my dilemma is, when my civic's lease is up, i have to pay around $8K if i wanna keep it. with that amount of money, i can give half to the down of a new accord and the other half to make monthly payments. if i buy off my civic, i dont have to make any more monthly payments but if i get the accord i will have to continue this process of paying off my car every month. what would u guys do if u r in this situation, realistically?
Old 04-19-2003, 10:51 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

i would stick with the civic...you say to yourself that you will save half to pay for monthly payments,..but what if you have to make a impulse buy at the mall or local import shop,...its hard to save money when you know its there sometimes,...not making monthly payments is very trust me on this one,..both my hatchbacks are already paid for a long time ago,..i just worry about insurance and rent now
Old 04-20-2003, 08:36 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

what?? nobody else has any opinions??
Old 04-20-2003, 08:47 PM
cobbcustomz

its really all up to personal opinion. DO you really want to worry about having to make payments? I know that i like the fact that my car was all paid off from day 1. No payments (other then Insurance)

Unless you really like the accord that much more then the civic. i would say to stick with the civic
Old 04-21-2003, 04:40 AM
onebadassdx

the new accords are awesome. i'm a valet and one of those things pulled in and those are quick as hell. but it all comes down to your personal preferance. do you plan on doing any mods in the future? the market for civics is much larger and the 03 accord unless you have the patience to wait it out.