Notices

1995 Honda Accord - Won't start

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
worm696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Honda Accord - Won't start

We have a 1995 Honda Accord LX 4cyl auto. I moved it out of the driveway so I could move my truck to go to work. Later that morning my wife tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. All gauges and lights work correctly, just won't turn over or crank. I have checked the fuses, relay (OK), installed a new battery (tested low, replace soon so I went ahead and got a new one) and new starter (starter tested bad after I removed it). Still same problem... WHAT:wtc: is going on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this point.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:24 PM
cruzalekz

try putting it in neutral if its automatic. if not you could bypass the starter switches with a remote starter.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
mason rocket
my 2 cense

did ya try and jump it before you went ahead replacing parts? If ya did the battery and starter and it still wont start there isnt much left. It should at least turn over tho. do you even hear anything at all coming from the starter when you turn the key? Does the car make any noises at all?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 AM
iceis94

does the car click when you try to start it? if so have someone try to start the car while you give the starter a light tap with a tire iron or long screwdriver. if this allows the car to start, the contacts inside the starter are worn. you can usually get these contacts at a starter shop for under $10.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
94Honda

I agree on the neutral safety switch on the gear shift. Might start in neutral but not in park. Might start just slightly 'off' neutral, if the switch has loosened and moved some. Or might just be a bad switch. All those years of water and dirt while hanging on the side of the transmission. I guess that's where it is. I drive a manual.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
JadeCrew
Banned

Default start

--- dude did you check the power switch in the middle? if not try to specify the right panel into the same source of the power switch. then try to convert it from the next slide of the panel. hope this can help.

==================
good honda accord parts