Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Installing a short throw

Old 04-13-2003, 06:14 PM
vtracer19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a short throw

Anyone have a short throw in their 94 accord?? if yes could u please tell me how u installed it, i got a B&M short throw adapter and i cant get the two screws on teh side of the little compartment you put your elbo on.....thanx peace...oh yeah i'm new here so go easy on me.....
Old 04-15-2003, 03:36 PM
crxb16er

remove whatever is in ur way, dont be afraid of breaking ur car first of all, remove ur seats if they are in ur way, but a short shifter is quite easy once i just go at it shouldnt take more than half an hour to do urself, dont have an accord though so i dont know what ur looking at but its the same for any car, remove center column by undoing the screws, undo the screws holding it down and undo the screws attaching it to ur shift linkage, and then put it back together without too many extra screws left over, enjoy
Old 04-19-2003, 11:33 PM
XprincoX
"you wanna die??"

yea installing a short shifter is pretty simple if you got the right tools. ANyhow, what screws are u trying to remove? The ones to remove the center console? Theres just 5 screws u remove with a phillips and the console will just popout and the arm rest you just pull out.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:46 PM
ridgeracer5899

hey man, a short throw shifter is easy to install on an accord. just remove ur center console and arm rest. then un bolt ur shifter linkage from the handle and install the short throw. the bigger bolt will go where the shifter linkage went then it will bolt up to the short throw and there will be an alen screw that holds the short throw on to the shifter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
esclade.jpg (35.4 KB, 236 views)
Old 03-08-2004, 12:05 AM
knight akkord

Originally Posted by ridgeracer5899
hey man, a short throw shifter is easy to install on an accord. just remove ur center console and arm rest. then un bolt ur shifter linkage from the handle and install the short throw. the bigger bolt will go where the shifter linkage went then it will bolt up to the short throw and there will be an alen screw that holds the short throw on to the shifter
anyone have a pic of the short shifter installedn
on their accord? if so, please post!

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:52 PM
XprincoX
"you wanna die??"

Old 03-17-2004, 09:32 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

considering no one answered his question, i'll give it a shot. The screws for the armrest are under a plastic cover inside the compartment (you dont need to remove the screws on the side). Use a flat-head screwdriver to pop the cover up and pull it out, there is 2 philips head screws under that. You also need to remove the cup holder... just open the lid and pull it out. Under the cup holder is another philips screw that needs to come out. Then pull the e-brake up, and lift the console up and out. For the black radio trim piece, you need to remove the 2 philips screws where the 2 console pieces meet and one behind the ash tray. It then pops out of the console and you can disconnect the wirring.

vtracer- where in VT do you live?

Oh yeah, what is the purpose of the pic of the hideous BOAT that sits an inch off the ground??
Old 03-19-2004, 11:53 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

THX sumaccord guy, I'm going to take out my shifter and cut & re-weld for a shorter throw.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:41 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally Posted by wesside
THX sumaccord guy, I'm going to take out my shifter and cut & re-weld for a shorter throw.

Thats what I did... on top of installing a B&M adapter... its pretty sweet now! Just still have to come up with a solution for the shift boot, it sags into the console now and its just not somethin thats gonna fly with me.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Vivi_Master

why not just buy a shifter off ebay. i can almost garentee theres gonna be no difference between the 10 buc k ones and the 150 dollar ones