Notices

Testpipe on a 98 V6 Accord????

Old 04-09-2003, 04:01 PM
98accv6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testpipe on a 98 V6 Accord????

My buddy drives an awesome RSX and advised me that if I am putting on headers, exhaust, and intake I should take out my cat. Wondering if this is a good idea?? Also, how does nitrous run on these cars??
Old 04-09-2003, 04:13 PM
teamlegacy

Don't take it out. Get a Carsound High Flow catalytic converter. You can find them off eBay for about 50-80 bucks. Come in 2.25 and 2.5 flange sizes.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:50 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

it's illegal, and it messes up the environment, don't do it for a 1 or 2 hp gain...........you might get some gains if you have some major engine work, but if you just have basic bolt ons (i, h, e), it's not gonna do a whole lot anyways.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:04 AM
98accv6

I'm sorry, I'm not going to do it now, but ....."it's illegal, and it messes up the environment"......that's way cheesy man, the environment is messed up with all these cars anyway, you think cats are going to change anything that much or you're going to make a difference?
Old 03-13-2004, 08:08 PM
mmxcore

Originally Posted by 98accv6
I'm sorry, I'm not going to do it now, but ....."it's illegal, and it messes up the environment"......that's way cheesy man, the environment is messed up with all these cars anyway, you think cats are going to change anything that much or you're going to make a difference?
No catalytic converter puts out at least 4 times the Hydro carbons and Carbon Monoxide. The environment is messed up, but if everyone took there cat off the car it would be even more f'd up... Thats WHY its illegal. They make big enough difference that they are mandatory... (not to sound like some damn tree hugger) Just your car spewing out 4 times the pollution for a fraction of a second off your 0-60? sorry to rant...