Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

AEM or AXXIS Ultimate pads?

Old 04-08-2003, 12:53 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM or AXXIS Ultimate pads?

AEM (nissin) pads or Axxis Ultimate pads.

Tell me your opinion. Which would you go with?

SO far the best price i have come up with...

Axxis = 63.75
Aem = haven't really checked but should be in groupbuy.

I also will be getting some Brembo blanks later on.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

AEM are more of a street/OEM replacement while the Ultimates lean towards the light track/autox spectrum of things. The ultimates do dust like hell, but it's relatively simple to clean compared to some of the other brake pad dust out there. Just soap and rinse.

Shingo
Old 04-08-2003, 08:32 PM
rick
not noob?

did you post this in the civic forum already?

so with the axxis, i'll be switching to the axxis in a few weeks/a month at the most. my current pads are stock but I like my friends brake (same car) feel with the axxis.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:52 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

Ya, i posted it in the civic forum too. I need to order the pads as soon as possible so i needed as much views and posts from other members as possible.

I need the pads more for street use then anything so I'm going with the AEM pads. Thanks for the help.

:thumbup:
Old 04-12-2003, 03:45 AM
jc836

Pricing for the AEM pads is in the $50 range depending on the car and whether you buy from either Summit or Ultra Performance. I run them on all of my Hondas-both On and off track. They are far better than the stock pads at places like Watkins Glen and Pocono where braking is from very high speed or in tight corners. I have not autocrossed either the CRX or Prelude-but there is a street near here that I test on (runs thru a park actually) and the cars work well. Our Civic (sold it) had AEM on it for 3 years with little wear or dusting issues. Performance was excellent.

It is a choice you need to make based on how you drive. A dedicated track car can use race pads-if you can get the correct operating temps and compound. The AEM pads are an upgrade from those installed by Honda. (Honda uses Nissin). Just my experience.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:18 PM
blackhorse6

Be real carefull when buying "race" pads. Most of them have an abrasive compound and will tear down a rotor quick. The Hawk HPS pads are great for both street and track. Checkout www.kingmotorsports.com