Notices

TL/CL exhausts- list all makes and opinions if you have one!

Old 04-07-2003, 05:32 PM
TimN88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TL/CL exhausts- list all makes and opinions if you have one!

What exhausts do you guys have? How loud are they compared to stock and what type of power gain did you feel? i have a TL type-s and need opinions. right now im thinknig about getting just the comptech headers because they opffer a big gain without a large sound increase. i heard the comptech exhaust is too loud and doesnt yield a large gain.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:08 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

The Comptech exhaust is not that loud, it has a low rumble and it kind of drone at constant freeway speed. Power gain is probably 5hp tops. If you don't care about the sound of your exhaust and want to keep the factory look, just stick with stocks.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:17 AM
TimN88

thanks, thats what i was thinking of doing. slot of people complain about the boominess of the comptech below 3000rpms. some say the quiet tip inserts will take car of alot of this, but over $800 got less than 5hp isnt worth it when i could get the icebox intake for alot less and get the same gain. btw, does anyone know how loud the icebox intake is? i dont want to have a really loud, resonating intake note like i hear on some civics. a buddy of mine has a comptech intake on his GSR, and it soiunds great, and isnt really that much louder than stock.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:34 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

The icebox is not loud at all, it is just a tad louder than the stock airbox when at full throttle.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 04-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Zootking

Ive got the Thermal R&D exhaust, it was originally on a TL, but i got it off of him and put it on my CL. Im actually selling due to needing a little bit of money. I'll give you a good deal