Notices

SRS & ABS lights are supposed to be on or off?Should I buy this 97 2.2Cl for 6500?

Old 04-05-2003, 03:24 PM
speedjunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS & ABS lights are supposed to be on or off?Should I buy this 97 2.2Cl for 6500?

Hi Everyone
This is my first post on this section of H-A.net . I was a civic owner previously.
I am interested in purchasing a 1997 Acura 2.2cl from this
dealership in NJ. The car has 94,831 miles on it, it's a 5speed, only 1 owner. It's asking price is $6900, already negotiated it down to $6500 and probably still try for another 2-300 off but my concern is the following.
The car already has a short ram intake (whoever owned it probbaly raced it?), bubble on rear drivers side tire, when I first tried to turn it on it didnt...battery was dead has to jump start it, clear corners, very dark tints, ugly side markers, small rip on drivers side seat and on the cluster the SRS bag is lit in red, when it's lit does it mean that it's enabled and working or does it mean that something is wrong with it? And does the Yellow ABS light gotta be on for working or off ? The windows go down slower than normal i think, could this be because of the tints and old age of car?
The car seems to have had a music system in it as it still has the red power cable running to the battery (maybe this is why the battery drained)
I checked the history on car and there is nothing wrong historically, only 1 owner, no accidents no odometer rollback etc. I didnt test drive the car today because I didnt want to show too much interest on the car to the salesman but I did put the car in all of it's gears and heard no grind. Once the car started the engine sounded and felt very smooth, no shakes, rattles , weird noises or RPM fluctuation. I turned the car off and tried turning it back on, and it did without any problems.

Is the car worth $6500 (which I already brought it down to)?? Or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks alot for any help offered.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:26 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Well, the car itself should -- should -- be solid. But if the lamps for the ABS and SRS don't go off after about 5 seconds after you start the car there is definitely a problem with them. If you were seriously interrested, I'd have my own personal mechanic do a thorough check on the whole car, run diagnostics, and do a complete electrical load test. That's only if you really love the car. I personally wouldn't even bother with it.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:07 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bubble in the rear tire is a broken belt, which is extremely dangerous because it can lead to a blowout easily. I would tell the dealer to replace it at no cost. Hell, I'd demand. Amazing that they'd sell a car with a broken tire belt
Old 04-14-2003, 09:54 AM
speedjunkie

Thanks guys.
I didn't even bother looking at that car again. I ended up
buying a 97' 3.0Cl this past saturday for $8700.
Im very happy with the car.
Thanks again.