Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

DYI Turbo Question

Old 04-04-2003, 12:47 AM
GreenCivicEg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYI Turbo Question

I just had a question about putting together a turbo kit for a B-series motor.I was just wondering if i could use a t/3 garrett turbo from a saab, and just buy a complete intercooler kit.Will I have to do alot of modifications for it to work or will everything pretty much bolt right up.Thanks for any help provided.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:18 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saab turbos have very unusual bolt patterns, and the end bends to the side rather than down. I don't think a saab turbo will work. It would involve major fabrication just to get the trubo to fit, and lord know about plumbing. Find some other turbo.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:57 PM
GreenCivicEg

Cool, thanks for the reply.Ive found a few other ones that might work, but im just looking and trying to figure out what will work.Im not in a rush at all.Thanks again for the info.Got any suggestions on a turbo that might work?
Old 06-08-2003, 10:03 PM
johnisenglish

The 60trim T3 that came on 80's T-Bird's is IMO the best fit for a B-series engine as far as T3's go. You can find them fairly often at junkyards, ebay, and various other auto classifieds site. The turbo you select, however, really depends on the sort of powerband that you're going for, and that depends on what kind of performance you want.

As far as the manifold and piping go, I can build both for you for whatever intercooler and turbo you decide to use, so fitment won't be an issue.