Notices

headunit removal HELP!

Old 04-02-2003, 09:14 AM
ProblemChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headunit removal HELP!

I am trying to remove the headunit out of my '97 RL, I have the shifter trim and arm rest out but I can seem to get the headunit piece (radio, hvac, clock, etc) piece or the vent above out. I have look all over the web. Any help would be great thanx
Old 02-12-2004, 06:22 AM
mossman
Mark

Originally Posted by ProblemChild
I am trying to remove the headunit out of my '97 RL, I have the shifter trim and arm rest out but I can seem to get the headunit piece (radio, hvac, clock, etc) piece or the vent above out. I have look all over the web. Any help would be great thanx
If it doesn't seem to come out when yanking on it, maybe it is screwed in. Try removing the cover under the steering wheel and also open your glove box. There might be a screw on each side.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:42 AM
knight akkord

i'm trying this on a 96 RL, it's a bitch! anyone happen to know where the CD changer plug lies on this radio unit? thanks!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:36 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

it's a bitch, It takes a while to get it out. The plug for the changer is on the back of the unit.
You need to pull out the center console, then the coin tray thingy where the switchs are for the seat heaters. there is screws under the tray, i also think that both of your trim pieces need to come out too, the ones above your knees driver's and pass.'s. If your talanted you can get to that plug after you pull that coin tray pocket out where those seat heater switchs are. Don't try pulling that out without pulling the center console first.