Bypass Valve or No?

Old 04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass Valve or No?

I'm prolly buying this CAI tonight...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33659

Should I get a bypass valve?

I don't want to cut the intake, or pay the extra cash for the valve. It rains here about twice a month maybe. And I mean the valve only helps when your entire cone is submerged right? I'm riding stock height too, and I am keeping the fender lining ON.

TIA,
John
Old 04-01-2003, 07:51 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Jamaldathugg: I looked at your thread and decided not to post just to piss you off
Aados X: lol
Aados X: damnit
Jamaldathugg: hahaa
Aados X: noone is posting
Aados X: ho

---------------------------------------------

haha... I live in Oregon and it rains 8 out of 12 months. I have a AEM CAI and it is fine. You just have to be aware of major puddles. Never Never go through mud, haha. I know a guy who did that and mud went straight into his engine. If you get the By-Pass valve I guess you lose that very little HP you gain. But I say you dont need it. But its up to you...
Old 04-01-2003, 07:53 PM
AadosX

lol, aim rules, thanks tho, anyone else?
Old 04-01-2003, 11:37 PM
AccordCoup94

im in philly.. it rains often enough here.. no fender lining and no bypass valve on a 2 inch drop for 2 years.. im still good.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:49 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Don't need bypass valve thingy......... Just drive safely...
Old 04-02-2003, 12:23 AM
XprincoX
"you wanna die??"

i'd have to agree no bypass value needed... unless you plan on drivin through a lake or something. And it takes away from performance too! hfawk:

O and go checkout our sponsor rpmmotoring. They'll hook ya up on the cai. Think there still offering free shipping too. :thumbup:
Old 04-02-2003, 08:09 AM
AadosX

I would, and I do agree with supporting sponsors. I saw that free shipping thing before, but either way, I just bought this one off eBay for 155 bucks shipped, and I'm a huge user of eBay, never been ripped off or anything.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:27 AM
92lx

you could always cut the intake back a little, it won't hurt your performance, it'll only help your high end .....the rule is 13 inches is optimum for 6000rpm peak torque, and for every 1.7inches more, the power curve moves down 1000rpm, and every 1.7 less, the power curve moves up 10000rpm.

But unless your lowered more than 2" you'll be fine.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:21 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

i have a bypass valve... i've heard it used once... i hit a real big puddle and all i could hear was a vaccum under the hood... i checked my filter and it was drenched... i don't know how it could have gotten that wet... i'm glad i have it... it's saved me once already...

whenever i want to make sure i have the horses i have a sillicon hose that i can put in instead of the valve...

but then of course i live on guam where it rains all the time...
Old 04-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

When I got my AEM CAI over the summer I ordered a bypass valve and never put it on. It rained and snowed a lot this winter and I'm pretty sure I never damaged the engine. Sometimes I checked the filter after it rained and it was wet......but I never heard or felt anything when driving. :dunno:

If you really want it I can send it to you for like 10 bucks, I don't plan on putting it on. I have like the same exact car as you with an AEM CAI. (95 Accord EX Sedan Sherwood Green Pearl :thumbup: )