Notices

Pics of JDM Headlights in the making, bumper removal, and the finished product.(Link)

Old 03-30-2003, 09:00 PM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of JDM Headlights

I did the 9005 Conversion too. I'm sporting 4 SilverStars.

My Pics @ Sony ImageStation

Here's a preview...
I think I'm going to go w/ Amber Bumper Signal lights. Whatcha think?

I'm very picky and I am a neat freak!

This was fun, actually no it sucked anus, took me forever, helps to have the right tools, oh and light is nice too. O well, it's over with! And it looks really nice.

Sorry car is extremely dirty! :fawk: It is being cleaned and waxed, hopefully on the wax, this week. Interior is perfect tho.

-John
Old 03-30-2003, 09:09 PM
AccordCutie

But's it's good to be a neat freak sometimes because it looks clean from here. But do go with the amber corners.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Phat8186

looks hot bro nice job i am doing mine this week. what kidna tape did u use to mask the reflector off, also what kinda paint did u use and did u put in the oven or heat gun it. if oven how long did u leave it in and at what temp thank. once again looks hot
Old 03-30-2003, 09:31 PM
MasterChris
Banned

Nice.:thumbup: Post a picture of the light cutoff since you painted the bottom of the reflector. Did you notice less glare?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:42 PM
kevO212

wait...what'd you do all that work for again?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:55 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Originally posted by kevO212
wait...what'd you do all that work for again?
if ur gonna bash, dont post, dood put a lot of hours in

shiznit is hot aadosx
Old 03-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Teg711
Purge This...

much better IMO, sweet
Old 03-31-2003, 07:51 AM
AadosX

Thanks for the compliments guys, I think it looks freaking awesome... at first I thought I may miss my chromed out halos and whatnot, but the dark black is kick ass both at night, and during the day. It will be so much better once I get my JDM corners and Amber Bumper lights installed.

I don't really know about glare, but I will post pics of my light output and whatnot tonight... IMO the beam is a little more focused into a line.

-I used Duck Tape Brand, blue colored masking tape... it's supposed to be less sticky that other things, I'm pretty sure that 3M makes an equivalent product.
-I used DupliColor "Low Gloss Black" 500 degree paint from AutoZone.
-I baked them in the oven... 350 degrees for 4 Minutes, pry as much as you can, then you might have to put them back in for another 2 Minutes, then pry them apart. Worked great. Oh, and put them on a baking sheet. I did one light at a time, and used a thin flat head screwdriver to pry with.

As for the bumper... FINALLY!!!!!!! HERE is THE REAL way to do it.

1) Take out your lower bumper turn signal lights.
2) Take out one screw on each side in your wheel well, it is located about 3/4 of the way up if you follow the edge near the front of the car. It is a phillips head screw with a washer on it. It looks different than all of the other screws in the wheel well... metal screw, not a plastic pop in one.
3) Take out all the screws along the lower lip of the car. You may not have to take them all out, but I know you have to take the ones on the side of the car out, and better safe than sorry. Only takes 2 minutes to take them all out... (8mm or 10mm bolts)
4) Take out the two bolts that are behind each of the lights, (two bolts on each side... either 10mm or 12mm bolts, goldish colored), this is easiest if you have two 3 inch extensions for your socket wrench.

Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2003, 08:55 PM
AadosX

Pics of Light Output: :thumbup:

Darkest wall I could find...