Notices

Condensation in headlight.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Artimus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condensation in headlight.

I have lots of moisture in my passenger side headlight of my 02 se sedan, the dealer said that it is normal and that I should leave the headlights on for 4 hours and that it would go away. I asked them if they would replace the driver's side light since it wasn't doing it. Seriously though, any ideas before I press them to replace the unit. I have tried using a shop vac and a hairdrier. Also I replaced the stock bulbs with blue apc's the low beams blew after about 2 months, the highs are still in. Thanks.

:joshers: What does this mean?
Old 03-30-2003, 07:34 PM
AccordCutie

Just get the dealership to replace it...I think they are just to lazy to get them replaced for you. Your car is still under warranty also. It's NOT normal for them to have moisture like that (or any at all) it would blow out your bulbs.

I dunno what :joshers: mean, I just use it anyways.:exnbp:
Old 03-30-2003, 07:37 PM
aero3685

Well the bulbs blew just because they were crap. apc=crap. and get them to replce housing. if they dont, take it out, and run a silicon bead around the edge to seal it up.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:55 PM
NightShift

First of all, some headlights get moisture in them, but it should vent out once the weather and humidity clears up. But i've never seen moisture problems on newer cars. I don't think it should be happening. Moisture shouldn't blow the bulb, but being splashed or submerged while on will.

Second, they told u to leave it on for 4 hours?? So they expect u to drain ur battery, leave ur car running for that long, or hook it up to a charger just to clear that up? That's stupid of them to even consider saying that.

If it doesn't go away within a few hours or even on a nice day, get it replaced cuz it will destroy your reflector soon.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:42 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

open them up and re seal them...
Old 03-31-2003, 02:55 AM
Leebog
GAME

Get it replaced, Its due to a hairline crack in the seal, i used to get that with my 2000 TEG, and after a few months, it shorted out my whole car. Lucky it was still under warranty.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:33 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 99accord
open them up and re seal them...
Great idea
Old 03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Artimus

Thanks for all the replies, I was actually thinking of taking off the bumper and clearing the headlights and then resealing them. But after that electrical failure story, funk that.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:13 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Artimus
Thanks for all the replies, I was actually thinking of taking off the bumper and clearing the headlights and then resealing them. But after that electrical failure story, funk that.
Electrical failure story? Clearing the headlights is really easy. First modification I ever did to any car :thumbup: