Notices

Thinking about a '91 Legend...

Old 03-28-2003, 08:17 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a '91 Legend...

Hey, I saw this nice Green Acura Legend for sale, and I am going to go look at it. It is an auto, but I am just a tad bit partial to manual. Does anyone have any suggestions? And how well do the trannys last? How long do you think I got left, its got 125k miles. Thanks Alot! All other input is welcome!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Teg711
Purge This...

legends are nice cars, 210 hp stock, Acura's Luxury car before the CL TL RL came out, if it's in good shape go for it...
Old 03-29-2003, 06:48 PM
daddykay24

Default Re: Thinking about a '91 Legend...

Originally posted by THAT DAMN GOOD!
Hey, I saw this nice Green Acura Legend for sale, and I am going to go look at it. It is an auto, but I am just a tad bit partial to manual. Does anyone have any suggestions? And how well do the trannys last? How long do you think I got left, its got 125k miles. Thanks Alot! All other input is welcome!
If the car only has 125k, then its just getting broken in. You should be good for another 125k at the leaest. I believe the manual trannys in yhe legends were problematic however, the engine will last for ever as long as you maintain it regularly.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:40 AM
acattack93

Yeah, I have a 93 Legend. It has 5spd, and my brother was a little hard on the tranny, so it had to be rebuilt 3 years ago, but it is still running great today. The car has 152k on it, and it pulling quarter times better than Car and Driver reported when it was new, so Yes, the Legend is pretty tough.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:30 AM
legendarith

because yours will be an auto, you will not have to rebuild the tranny. the common problem with the auto is that some times the tranmission mount will break. this will cause a slight jerk when the gears shift up or down on its own. ive had my tranny mount replaced (200 bucks) but it broke again. It's not worth having it fixed. Other than that, the car is flawless. www.legendtuner.com will answer your legend troubles with detailed tutorials.