Notices

stock pad or aftermarket

Old 03-27-2003, 09:00 PM
keefungliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock pad or aftermarket

i got the AEM brake kit and brake pad. and they make noise. is that normal? cause someone told me cause the aftermarket brake pad are different than the stock one. it suppose make noise. is that true?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:00 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

AEM pads usually make noise - not excessive noise. Did you put them in yourself? And if so, did you put the anti-squeal compound on the back of the pad, between the shims?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Daniel

Default Re: stock pad or aftermarket

Originally posted by keefungliu
i got the AEM brake kit and brake pad. and they make noise. is that normal? cause someone told me cause the aftermarket brake pad are different than the stock one. it suppose make noise. is that true?
It depends on what kind of pads you have for what purpose. Normal street pads are designed to minimize any noise at all. The trade-off is a less effective, but still safe, brake pad. As you start scaling up to auto-x pads, road racing pads, drag racing pads, etc...the composition of the pad material changes to withstand increased heat, more effective grip, etc and the trade-off for that is brake dust, life span, and noise. Some pads you may not be able to make the noise go away at all, but it all depends on what your goals are and the type of pads you buy.