Notices

brake questions... yes i searched

Old 03-26-2003, 09:42 PM
ambition
StillDPG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake questions... yes i searched

anyone have anything good or bad to say about axxis brake pads? how are they in stopping power? do they last? how much brake dust? noise?

next! what is the advantage of having dot 5 brake fluid over plain ol dot 3 or 4?

lil help? thanks guys
Old 03-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Taiwanze7

dot 5 brake fluid is silconate *sp?* fluid, which supposedly has a higher boiling point and more resistant to long term harsh braking. However, I believe its not made for all cars, in cars like the Integra its actually detrimental.... I remember someone saying Axxis and PBR are really the same OEM...if that's true, then they weren't that great cold, but once you warm up the brakes, they do alrite. There is a bit less fade on long periods of aggressive braking....for most street 60-0mph there wasn't a signifcant difference. The first step you should do is get a really good bleed on the brakes, that'll do more then anything else. Try www.speedbleeder.com first... you can thank me later
Old 03-27-2003, 10:37 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

before you say what you heard down the grapevine...let him see for himself.

Axxis Brake Pads

you'll find a scaling of those criteria you asked in the details of each product.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:07 PM
ambition
StillDPG

LT thanks good info, but i would still like to hear from people who have had the semi metallic pads
Old 03-27-2003, 08:14 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

email surferx@team-integra.net ... he has Axxis pads (not sure which) on his ITR. he can tell you his experience.