Notices

Honda parts

Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 AM
tonyEazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda parts

I have a question about parts, is there really a BIG difference between OEM parts from hondaautomotiveparts and from autozone? Seems like .hondaautomotiveparts charges our for shipping and handling. other then that the price between the two is the same.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 AM
96 EX

Yes, the difference is RELIABILITY of what you are installing ... and that it will fit/work correctly. Minor tune-up items, oil (not tranny fluid), etc. get where ever ... parts that you don't want to have to replace again in a few months or a year ... get from the OEM when it comes to Honda.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 AM
tonyEazy

Now have you actually compared them or are you just saying that cuz that's what your heard? Just curious if this true or not.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 AM
tonyEazy

I found an interesting article.

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/mai...6/article.html
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
oilhead110

Items like Water pumps, timing belts & tensioners, thermoststs stay with OEM Honda. It's not worth the trouble if you have a problem with these. Buy them at a discount online.

Brake pads, Alternator's, rotors , wheel bearings go aftermarket.

I work for one of the Japanese big three and their is a big difference between OEM and aftermarket parts for what I'll call critical engine and cooling components.

If it can riun your engine or leave you on the side of the road, stay with OEM.

Originally Posted by tonyEazy
I have a question about parts, is there really a BIG difference between OEM parts from hondaautomotiveparts and from autozone? Seems like .hondaautomotiveparts charges our for shipping and handling. other then that the price between the two is the same.