Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Where do I run A power wire thru?

Old 03-25-2003, 06:56 AM
asaspade421

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I run A power wire thru?

i have a 98 civic LX..im trying to find where to run the power wire from my battery to the back where my amp is. my battery is on the passenger side, and i dont know how or where to run the wire from, like where is there an opening or where can i make an opening to run the wire? HELP?
Old 03-25-2003, 05:08 PM
bonestock

the wire grommet opening on the firewall under the driver side dash.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:33 PM
asaspade421

Default 98 civic wiring ideas

...now that i have gotten the power wire thru the grommet on the drivers side...i need an idea on how where to situate the wire so its just not laying under my carpet for all to see...and plus that just looks plain old ugly...i just need some i deas on where to situate the wire so it will be hidden
Old 03-30-2003, 07:53 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Originally posted by bonestock
the wire grommet opening on the firewall under the driver side dash.
Werd. There is usually enough space for it to fit with ease.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:25 PM
98civiclx

I did an install on my 98 Civic Lx and I was able to lift the plastic molding on the sides and place the wire there. I used 4 guage power wire. If you are using something larger you may have issues. Email me if you can't get it to work or you have issues.

If you have a sedan, remove the piece of plastic that covers the center pillar. This will allow you to have a little room to lift the plastic molding on the floor by the seat and in the back. Use a screw driver or something similiar to slide the wire under the molding.

Should be pretty easy

Good luck
Old 04-15-2003, 03:41 PM
crxb16er

u can also run it around the bottom of ur door molding under the plastic covers, umm at least on my car u can, not sure about ur civic but should be the same, running it under the floor carpet is safe also u can run it under the passenger seat from the center console and right one back without making it visible at all just cut a small hole in ur floor carpet back under ur console thats how its done normally but u can rearrange it however u'd like TEHO, good luck
Old 04-19-2003, 08:47 PM
MikeR

all of these sound good but dont forget you will get better performance if you run the rca cables on one side of the car and the power wire on the other to deter feed back, all the cars i've done i have been able to route it through the plastic door seal and under rear seat
Old 05-09-2003, 03:10 PM
digitech

do what "miker" says. Just make sure u power is at least 4 gauge, and get monster cable and don'y have any cables tangle or criss-cross. I have all cables at one side and they fit perfectly fine, plus no engine noise distortion.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Pimpin Olds
E-mail lists for sale-ehh

I have a question.....i did an install for some1, and there was no pass-through grommit.........so i did a temporary job...but what are you supposed to do if there is no grommit????
Old 05-13-2003, 05:39 AM
chrisexv6

Look for more grommets

A tip for automatic cars: if there is an MTX version of the car available, usually there is a grommet where the clutch pedal would have pushed thru to the tranny. This is the case in the 6th gen accord: I popped out that grommet, cut an X in the middle, and it fit a 4 ga power cable perfectly.

In my Dodge Neon, I just used the main wiring harness grommet........its a good spot, because its made in such a way that the entrance to the grommet is recessed from flush, so water cant get in..........poke a small hole in it and feed the cable thru.

I drilled a hole once.........I will never do it again. It wasnt hard to keep it sealed, but Id rather just spend 30 extra minutes trying to plan out where the wire should go without drilling. You'll be better off the in the long run.

And yes, keep the RCAs separate.........I usually run the power down the side of the car where the battery is, and the RCAs down the opposite side (although in the Accord I ran the RCAs down the center console, it was easier than risking setting off the side airbags).

I guess the biggest thing is you just need to take your time and plan things out before you start installing.

Good luck!!!!
-Chris