Notices

Adjust idle speed & change light bulb on '99 Acura TL

Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 AM
violato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjust idle speed & change light bulb on '99 Acura TL

Once in a while after I drive my car around and park it for a short period of time, the next time I'm trying to start the engine, the idle speed goes below 500 RPM, that makes the car shaky and finally shut off the engine. I have to step on the pedal a little bit to keep the car running and have all the warning lights off after it stabilizes.

Is there an instruction somewhere so that I can increase my idle speed settings? I think I have to adjust it a bit higher so when the engine is hot, the idle speed won't go to low.

Second issue, my right headlight just stopped working yesterday. Is there a fuse that I have to check somewhere first before I decide to replace the bulb (or is it the xenon bulb). Wondering how much that will cost since it's not a regular car lightbulb.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
violato

find an article to troubleshoot and replace the bulb. http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/ac...80701_bulb.pdf and http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/ac...80701_bulb.pdf. Now I just need answer on the idle speed
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
violato

also found a pdf file to adjust the idle speed. so no worry
Old 02-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Carbuff

Originally Posted by violato
also found a pdf file to adjust the idle speed. so no worry
Yeah, but an INTERMITTENT idle could indicate the need to just clean the throttle body butterfly....I'd do that first. kay:

Just be careful of the TPS sensor, you don't want to soak that in any kind of solvent.