Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Dynamat, Brown Bread, Raamat...???

Old 03-17-2003, 11:15 PM
JustOneMore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat, Brown Bread, Raamat...???

I've decided to go ahead and look into sound deadening my car as much as I can...I'd like to do the trunk, rear panel, and doors. For a 95 Accord Sedan...about how much material would I need? 100 sq ft? More/less?

Who has done this to their car...can you give me some tips and instructions? What tools and stuff would I need...where to stick everything...i'm basically completely new to this stuff...but defintely willing to put the effort into doing it myself.

One last thing, there are a couple brands out there, with Dynamat being the most well known and therefore expensive...how about brown bread, fat mat, raamat...all these...what do people recommend? best value? best performance? longest lasting? Any suggestions would be nice...thanks fellas!
Old 03-18-2003, 07:02 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Raammat 60 is a very good value when compared to Dynamat Xtreme. I've never used the others, so I can't say.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:24 AM
b00gers

Raammat is cheap, in price. i have received it in the mail yet. but the guy who sells it, rick, is a very good guy.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Gusto222
Man WHORE

i have 70 sq ft of brown bread installed- aswell as a dynamat door kit - oh & some dynamat Xtreme on tha roof...

oh yeah & tha skin(sheet metal body panels) have all been undercoated.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Randy12vp

They're all pretty much the same in my opinion. I have worked with/installed/sold just about all of them in the past. They all pretty much are designed to do the same thing.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:34 AM
JustOneMore

Originally posted by Gusto222
i have 70 sq ft of brown bread installed- aswell as a dynamat door kit - oh & some dynamat Xtreme on tha roof...

oh yeah & tha skin(sheet metal body panels) have all been undercoated.
Sounds like you have a really complete install! I'd like to do the same thing, what could you say was the difference before/after? Just some thoughts would be nice. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Randy12vp

By applying any type of material such as the ones listed so far in the post you are reducting the chances of resonating frequencies. When applied properly and in the correct quantities, they can yield significant results. In alot of cases, it's definitely worth the investment. Just some thoughts based on experience.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:35 PM
d21x
Ownz JOO

anyone ever heard of mcmaster??? they have the stuff dynomat uses, but without the name "dyonmat" on them. i forgot where u can get them but i think its mcmaster.com ??? did this 3-4yrs ago and still sticking on. i might need to get some more, anyone know where?