Notices

I have a GSR hp question..

Old 03-17-2003, 11:40 AM
ShockJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a GSR hp question..

i am going to get a B18C for my civic.. I was wondering what kind of power I can get out of this motor with stock bottom end and head work.... My goal is about 220 to 240hp to the ground all motor..... Any suggestions would be great!!! and also does anybody out there have a light-weight flywheel and race clutch in there GSR and how does it run/act??? Thanx!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 01:20 PM
90'RS

Your not going to hit your range with just some head work. I suggest a turbo or better yet nitrous (best bang for the buck).
Old 03-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Daniel

Originally posted by 90'RS
Your not going to hit your range with just some head work. I suggest a turbo or better yet nitrous (best bang for the buck).
What kind of turbo? What kind of nitrous setup?
Old 03-17-2003, 02:48 PM
Agent

They sell turbo kits for the GSR. I'm pretty sure they come with T3 turbos, but I've heard of people running T4s. Just remeber, crank the boost up on an engine not meant for it and you're going to have some serious detonation problems, leading to engine failure. As for nitrous, go wet kit so you dont have to worry about gettting too rich a mixture. I wouldnt crank it past 50 shot though. Even with the turbo. You could probably get by with 75, but 50 is generally a safe number for most 4bangers.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:45 PM
sQwiReL bOi

220-240 is a lot of whp if u wanna go juss stock bottom all motor. u will for sure have to go forced induction but even then u mite need to do a lil something to the bottom end to protect it from blowin.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Cliffgump
I get custom user text?

go wet kit so you dont have to worry about gettting too rich a mixture
I wouldn't worry about going too rich, since it would mainly hinder engine performance and fuel mileage. Now if we're talking going too LEAN, then you have a problem, about a $5000 problem, ie getting a new engine.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:45 PM
90'RS

You could safely run a 100 shot on a GSR motor if it's tuned properly. As for the turbo a T3/T4 would work but you have to worry about significant amount lag with that size turbo. What you need to figure out is what you want it for street/strip. Some others on the board have more knowledge on these subject. I suggest doing a search becuase they have been discussed a lot in the past.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:14 PM
ShockJon

I have had N2O before and I don't like it!! its to scary to know that you are holding 75HP in the palm of your hand and fixing to put it in your intake.... turbo is to expensive.... I want to stay N/A.... I know i said WHP but if i can get 230 to the crank I will be happy..... I think with full race cams, oversized vavles, beefier springs with titanium keepers, a intake manifold, a 65mm throttle-body, cam gears, and a pulley kit, and of course I/H/E I think I can get that kind of power.... or more.....
Old 03-18-2003, 08:45 AM
AXiS

Good luck.. and as for the nitrous, that's what a window switch is for. You turn it on, then at full throttle in a certain RPM range, the nitrous kicks in.. much safer than just a button.