Notices

Window Problem

Old 03-16-2003, 05:03 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Problem

If you look at a '92 2dr Integra, the driver and passenger side windows don't have a frame around them. They're like windows on a convertabile. My problem is this- the driver side window, when you shut the door, doesn't close all the way. There's a little gap left between the top of the car and window. I'm a little concerned, because if it rains, it'll leak. Any way to fix it?
Old 03-16-2003, 08:06 AM
90'RS

The only thing I can think of is take the door panel off and see if you can adjust the pivot arm that in there to push the window higher.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:14 PM
gregz93integra
Banned

exactly, My 93 had the same problem. bolts loosen up over time.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:18 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was thinking that maybe getting new molding where the window meets the top of the car would fix it. The molding on mine is like formed to the window now, so If I got new molding I think it would make a better seal. PLUS, It seems like if the window isn't %100 up it is a better seal. Try putting your window all the way up and then letting it down a bout 1/8th-1/4th of an inch.
BTW, does anyones G2's windows rattle when they are down and you shut the door?
Old 03-18-2003, 05:16 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

My whole car shakes, not rattles though, when you just sit there. You can feel the steering vibrate like I had 700w bass subwoofer cranked up all the way. But nope, nothing rattles. But when I start driving and hit maybe 30 or so, I'll hear a rattling sound. As if the protective glass in front of the gauge is rattling.