Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting
View Poll Results: Alpine or Pioneer
Alpine CDA-7894 3preamp
42.86%
Pioneer DEH-7400MP 2preamp
14.29%
Pioneer DEH-740MP 3preamp
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Alpine or Pioneer

Old 03-16-2003, 02:46 AM
lilboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine or Pioneer

My brother just purchased a pioneer hu (DEH-P740MP). For a whole week we were debating if we should get a pioneer or an alpine.
Up untill the last night it was either the the alpine Alpine CDA-7894 or the Pioneer DEH-P7400MP. We look around and we know the alpine is alot stronger, and have heard it sounds better. but the price difference was a big factor.
We looked around some more and we found that pioneer had a premier model. If you look at the model number the premier is missing a zero (0). The only difference between the two, is that the premier has a 2 year warrenty and an extra preamp. Im not sure if any one notices but the Organic display is a little bit different, instead of the race cars the premier has skydiving. awww.....
So the price difference between the two is about 20 dollars. so we got the premier DEH-740mp. Sorry if im confusing you.
But yea back to the whole alpine and pioneer thing. Currently i have a alpine, and im waiting for the pioneer to arrive (Can't Wait!). I personally like the pioneer becuase it looks better, sorry im kinda cosmetic. but yea. I know for sure the alpine out puts more but the pioneer is cheaper. Same amount of preamps. Im planning to spend the difference of the two to get a amp. But is that a good idea? Since my brother is changing decks, if any one is interested in his old apine deck let me know.
So to sum it up:
$310 Alpine CDA-7894 - 3 preamps
$234 Pioneer DEH-P7400MP - 2 preamps
$248 Pioneer DEH-P740MP - 3 preamps (2year warranty)

Im planning to get a JL 10" sub. What kind of amp should i use to power it. Can you guys expain everything to me. I admit im kinda new to all this . I just want to help my brother out on chosing the best for him. ohh if you guys are good at speakers go to my other post about the DIY speaker baffle. Thanks alot for everything.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:04 PM
b00gers

i would get the ones with 3 preamps. also consider the voltage of the preamps...the p7400 is 2.2v

its tough to explain EVERYTHING to someone. its better to ask specific questions.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Mike
Banned

Originally posted by WiLL
i would get the ones with 3 preamps. also consider the voltage of the preamps...the p7400 is 2.2v

its tough to explain EVERYTHING to someone. its better to ask specific questions.
If I'm not mistaken, the Premier line bumps up their preamp output voltage to 4v, and 6v on the 940mp.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:28 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by Mike
If I'm not mistaken, the Premier line bumps up their preamp output voltage to 4v, and 6v on the 940mp.
close
it's 6.5 volts in the premier 940mp

i like it