Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Install help

Old 03-15-2003, 12:36 PM
pnthr30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install help

I know that this is kind of a noob quesion......sorry......anyways, I am trying to install a HU into a 99 Teg. I know, or at least I think I know, that the stock unit is attached by two screws from behind. I was able to get the screw on the right side of the unit off (passenger side), but cannot seem to get at the other screw. I can see it, but I can't get at it. Is there a trick to this, or am I just an idiot? Do you need to take anything else out to get at it? Do you get at it from the passenger side also? Any special tools? I have been trying to use an 8mm socket or a philips screwdriver, both of which worked on the other side. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:22 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

damn bro, I wish I could help, but i've never done a late model teg before so im not sure. have you tried posting this question on some of the car audio message boards or chat rooms? check out www.sounddomain.com they have a message board and chat room
www.caraudio.com board only
www.the12volt.com board only

Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:58 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

If you've taken out 1 bolt, the other one is the same. Just keep trying. After that, the deck comes out easliy.

BTW, did you remove the lower center console thing??? It helps to have that out of the way as it gives you more room to work with..
Old 03-21-2003, 10:13 AM
AccordCoup94

yea. you have to remove that plastic piece under the the radio to get to the 2 screws underneth the radio. the plactic piece is only held on by some clips.. so pull away. thats all that is holding the radio in.