Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Aux Audio input on 2003 Navi Accord?

Old 03-15-2003, 07:40 AM
sambanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Audio input on 2003 Navi Accord?

Hi, I'm the happy owner of a 2003 Navigation Accord. Great sound system. I would like to plug my MP3 player directly in to the head unit though.

I know there are several accessories that Honda sells so I imagine there is an adapter that I can buy to connect the output of my MP3 player right to the stereo?

The Navi/audio system looks a little daunting to mess with.

Thanks for any advice
Old 03-15-2003, 10:37 AM
smakdown

Default Re: Aux Audio input on 2003 Navi Accord?

Originally posted by sambanks
Hi, I'm the happy owner of a 2003 Navigation Accord. Great sound system. I would like to plug my MP3 player directly in to the head unit though.

I know there are several accessories that Honda sells so I imagine there is an adapter that I can buy to connect the output of my MP3 player right to the stereo?

The Navi/audio system looks a little daunting to mess with.

Thanks for any advice
Call up honda and ask if they have anything like that, then if they do, find it cheaper on the internet :thumbup:
Old 03-16-2003, 12:13 PM
sambanks

Honda doesn't make anything that's ready to go for this purpose. They do make an MP3/CD player and a Cassette player addition, but I'd like to use my own hard-drive based player, which has a regular headphone output (e.g. I don't need to install it in the dash).

There are some audio-adapter type parts that are required to use the above accessories but I don't know if a different RCA-input can be wired into them.

Are there any third party harnesses or aux-input kits that might work?

Thanks for any advice.