Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

just installed 6.5in.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:31 PM
jeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed 6.5in.

i just installed infinity reference 652i 6.5 inch speakers in the back of my g3 teg. coupe. after installing them, and replacing the rear panel, i noticed the speaker is VERY close to the panel. it seems as though it will hit when a bass note is played.
anyone know if the speakers will be safe?
btw: there isnt a mounting bracket, i drilled holes in the speaker housing to directly mount the speaker to the housing.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:44 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

The speaker should be fine. Is there a tweeter on that speaker?? If anything is interfering with the speaker, you'll hear it when you play music loud.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:05 PM
jeff

there is a tweeter, nothing seems to be in the way. i just wanted to know if i turn up the volume and the rubber surround on the speaker starts to hit the panel, will it harm anything?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

if the rubber or in fact the woofer hits the panel, it's limiting the full excursion of the speaker... sound quality will be compromised and the principles of friction will eventually destroy the rubber surround.