Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Custom Sub/Amp (spare-well) Enclosure

Old 03-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Sub/Amp (spare-well) Enclosure

Im thinking about building up my spare tire wheel well with a custom sub enclosure. I want to have the subs in a large box/basket that takes up the entire well (or at least the recomended space needed per sub) along with the amp exposed in a plexi box. Im thinking about using a fiberglass base and a wood cover exposing the subs in-line. Anyone have experience doing this? Anyone have pix? Positive/negative feedback?
Old 03-10-2003, 12:19 PM
MikesCommuter
As the ACCORD TURNS!

www.sounddomain.com

mike
Old 03-11-2003, 09:06 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

ive got exactly what you're looking for in my 97 coupe, ill take pics tomr for you and show you.

basically its just a 5 sided wooden box (with the metal floor being side 6) lined with fiberglass & resin and built to the sealed air space specs for a single 12" JL audio w3 subwoofer. then i have another 3/4" mdf 'false floor' cut out that sits over top of the box (with a whole for the sub and enough slack for a grill) and covers the remaining of the floor (i completely removed that crappy thin floorboard). then the amp is just mounted on the back of the seat.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

here ya go andy, this is what i was talking about:

Old 03-13-2003, 09:03 AM
rcurley55

Check out my sounddomain site for my brother's BMW....none of it is completed yet, but I have built a few setups like this before:

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/rcurley

What equipment are you using?
Old 03-13-2003, 10:33 AM
koruption

Default i did this in my car

check it out : http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=181430&page=2

i had a smaller amp under the false floor but i upgraded to a bigger amp after and just put it on top of the floor. the whole box costa bout 200 to make with all the materials. i went to a boat hull repair shop and ordered all the fiberglass resin and cloth. it hit really nice untill all got stolen before christmas now im a broke radioless fool who will never put a stereo that big in ever again.
it took 3 days and a few 12 packs to make. if you want more ind epth photos or instructions let me know .i got picture of it in the process of being made also.
email me at rwillis@southcoastacura.com
Old 03-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Duff Man

thanks guys! :thumbup:

I checked out that BMW install and got an idea. I think Im going to use my existing box (sideways in the well) and build chambers around it to raise the surroundings. Basically I want my trunk back along with conceiling everything (I hate opening my trunk in the city :ugh:...never know who's looking). Then I'd just get matching fabric and lay it out over everything

BTW:

Twin 12in IMPP's

Rockford Fosgate 360.2