Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Celica GT-S vs. Nissan Sentra Spec V

Old 03-09-2003, 07:10 AM
CSpecV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celica GT-S vs. Nissan Sentra Spec V

Im gonna race this guy with a Celica with I/E and dont know what would happen maybe if I can get some feedback on this....
Old 03-09-2003, 08:23 AM
charlez13
I own you.

it all depends on the driver really. I know one guy with a spec v with an cai that i can beat all day, and i also know another guy that consistently runs better times than me (PlanoSER on here). Ill be the first to admit that im not that great at driving when it comes to drag racing, but its all about the drivers. The specv definetly has the advantage off the line due to all the torque, but the celica has the advantage on the top end, so it really comes down to how big of a jump you can get off the line.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:40 AM
PlanoSER

sup charlez, u been back to the track lately? i havnt gone in forever.. the Spec is still stock but the best ive bene able to do up at Sanger so far is a 9.5X @ 74.X mph..
Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 AM
houstonspecv

Default Re: Celica GT-S vs. Nissan Sentra Spec V

Originally posted by CSpecV
Im gonna race this guy with a Celica with I/E and dont know what would happen maybe if I can get some feedback on this....
like charlez said it really depends on the driver and conditions. from the times ive seen from gts's with i/e have been in the mid 14s @96mph.

if he can drive and keep it in lift he should be able to beat you
Old 03-11-2003, 09:56 AM
charlez13
I own you.

Originally posted by PlanoSER
sup charlez, u been back to the track lately? i havnt gone in forever.. the Spec is still stock but the best ive bene able to do up at Sanger so far is a 9.5X @ 74.X mph..
whats up man? i havent been out there in forever either, maybe we can all get together soon and head out there. I should be nailing 9.7's but i completely suck at launching. I trap about the same as you.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
ketchcivsi

i'd say spec v
Old 02-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally Posted by CSpecV
Both cars are in the same class so both have a chance. Just because he says he has IE doesn't really mean speed......intake for anyone who is seriously into speed means Filter, Mass Air meter, Throttlebody AND intake Plenum. (otherwise you are just in a hurry to get a lot of air into the restrictive t-body and plenum) Exhaust (if it just means mufflers) doesn't mean speed either because the most power from your exhaust comes from long tube heders and a hi-flow cat converter. One thing I know is that the spec-v has a nice short throw which should help.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:27 AM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

and a lot more tq too
it should have an advantage off the line
Old 02-16-2004, 05:19 PM
ikarus

Spec V has dumb torque. Stay close off the line and u have a better chance of beating him. that means work on ur launch. Happy hunting
Old 02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

you have LSD also so that will help.. i drove my friends 2003 sentra SE-R Spec V, that thing has torque up the ass... you should beat him even if you are stock.