Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alarm Question

Old 03-05-2003, 05:35 PM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Question

Anyone familiar with an alarm/ignition kill system that went by the name of "Skytrac" or "Startrac" or something similar to that? When I bought my '99 Accord, this was added on by the dealer. My system had an ignition kill and remote lock entry. Since that time, I had some work done, and now that system does not work. I found the brain, and it appears that power leads are not connected. There are two open plugs, and a harness takes up the third connection.

I tried a phone number for the company (which was in some of the documentation) and it appears that the company is no longer in business. I cannot find that documentation, so I cannot give an exact name of this "alarm" company.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Liske
Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 PM
jgojohn

Sounds like Scytek
http://www.scytek.net/product_galaxy_home.html

Sorry but that thing is junk and I would get rid of it.
I bought a car a while back with all sorts of bells and whistles on the alarm. It was some cheap imported alarm. The thing crapped out, and the car wouldn't start. The installation job was terrible, and it took me forever to figure out how to restore the car so that I could drive it again.

My advice: Remove the thing when you have free time, and install a trusted reliable alarm brand

All Car Alarms suck from the installer's standpoint. From what I hear, DEI (Directed Electronics) have the best instructions which is not good to me.
Viper, Python, Clifford, & many others are DEI alarms and use the same stuff. There are very little differences between those alarms if any.
These three alarms are top models for each brand, but are Identical in everything except the shell of the remote:Compustar also make good alarms, although I hear their installation instructions are a nightmare
I've also heard Audiovox and Autopage are good.

Crimestopper, CodeAlarm, and anything you never heard of before should not be used.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Tedmond

that would be scytek for sure. THe system is actaully fairly good for its price. the only thing is the remotes haev a cheap feel to them, other that that; it is up to par with most DEI stuff. If you can get the model or tell which wires are left un connected, i can tell you where they go. Im guessing they removed the 3 power leads for the unit (all red) and possibly the ground (black)