Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

Car Enthusiast Fund Raiser In Texas!!!

Old 03-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Enthusiast Fund Raiser In Texas!!!

Fundraiser Idea

I have an idea to put on the boards, and that is to start a fundraiser.

The basic idea is to get as many car enthususiasts together here in Texas, to meet in one place, most likely Austin. We
would all get together and have some fun. The money-making part would be that everyone would bring $10, and we gather the money. I would find a good cause for it to be donated to. I know this sounds kind of wierd and whatnot, but I actually got
the idea from my father, who is into motorcycles, and that is what they do. People could come and visit, and they can be
asked to GIVE donations, no set amount. But we want to set the standard here, and each of us give 10$, I do not think that is much is it? And then we also bring $5 to put into a pool of money to buy food for a BBQ!!! $5 per person is good enough to buy a lot of food!!! But we still need to look for a park that will allow us to host this type of event! We could make
flyers to advertise the event, put it in the newspaper, just spread the word about it!

This is just a rough idea, but it is a start.

I want to get some people's views on this idea, and what they think about it. If I find enough people are interested I will
proceed to plan for a place somewhere in Austin, you locals of Austin can help me out!!! I live about an hour from there,
and go there sometimes.

The thing is, it is for car ENTHUSIASTS!!! This is not a one car type of deal, this is for all, imports and domestics. I do
not want this to be an event that leaves out a group of peopel who can add to the cause.

So what do you think?

thanks for reading,
Armond Philmon

p.s. e-mail me at armondphilmon@hotmail.com with any of your thoughts, or better yet just post!!!