Notices

engine swaps in an '02 Civic Si?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 AM
upstatesol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swaps in an '02 Civic Si?

looking into buying an '02 Civic Si. Like the cars versatility, and overall design (this one has been lowered, rota rims, and a mugen knock off bodykit), but when I took it for a test drive I wasn't so impressed. Screamed give me a 6th gear for starters, and the gearing and overall weight of the car seemed to leave me wanting. Has anyone here done any engine swaps or tranny swaps in these? Does it change the driving feel considerably (used to my '95 DOHC delSol which is much lighter and far more nimble)? anyway... the price is right, and overall I like the car so I might just buy it either way. I just wanted to get some feedback first. thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 PM
kankiller
Banned

Do you own a Honda Civic? Are you dissatisfied by your Honda Civic's D15 stock engine performance? Do you want to change your engine to B16, B18, K20 etc., but don't know how? Are you one of those speed-addict guys who want to have more power on your Civic? If your answer is yes, this may help you change your engine into much higher power and push your car to the limits. Of course, if you want to purchase a second car for parts, it's a great idea to check out gov-auction.org; this is a great site for those who want to find cars at reasonable prices.

To some, the Honda Civic is just a family car with no further expectations. They may not realize that the Honda engine has a tremendous power stored on it, and by installing simple add-ons such as air intake upgrade and high-performance free-flow exhaust, you can feel a better response on your car. However, if you want to go further than that, there's a lot of Honda after market performance parts available in the market for grabs. Whether you have a B or D or H series engine, the engine swap procedure is all same. You have to remove your old motor and change it to bigger power and torque.
====================
Alloy Wheels, Chrome Wheels & Performance Tyres
chicago limo bus
Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
rollin_on_15s

OP, the stock motor on those EP SI's are garbage for the same reason you are thinking. The only "direct swap" would be something like K20z1 (RSX type S motor).

Otherwise, you can do something like a K24 bottom with a K20 head.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM
HAMOTORSPORTS
Former Vendor

The least expensive mod that will give you a huge increase in power is a K24 swap as mentioned by rollin_on_15s. The stock K20 that comes in the EP3 Civic Si leaves a lot to be desired as you've mentioned. If you are on a tight budget, you don't even have to change to the RSX Type-S head. Simply install the K24 engine longblock and your torque gains will leave you smiling. Then, down the road as funds allow, you can look into installing an RSX type-S head on the K24 block. Don't forget to budget for engine management. You will need it once you start doing the engine swaps/upgrades. I'd recommend installing the Hondata KPro into your ECU so that it can be tuned correctly.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:02 AM
nayu12

is this thread still active

mercedes service