Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New head unit pics

Old 02-27-2003, 06:55 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New head unit pics

i got my new head unit, its a Kenwood excelon x859. it has a begillion different things you can do with it, i love it, ten times better than my alpine so far. heres the pics:

when igniton turns off, it flips around
Old 02-27-2003, 07:09 PM
97teg

I wonder if theft deterant features like that really work. Seems still kinda odvious that its there. Just wondering....
Old 02-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Josher

From what I've heard.... Theives generally know that people do not remove the face from HU's and if someone does, they often leave it someplace in the car. How often do you carry your HU face with you when you go someplace? Still, I'd say its all your personal preference of what you believe will work best. From the pic, it does seem like the HU is still there. Oh, and Alpine has several HU's that do the flip trick too - except Alpine calls it their Phantom Faceplate. My only concern would be that all the flipping action relys on motors, which could easily be flipping many times a day. Odds are, you won't have problems, but motors are just another thing that can break and ruin your previously wonderful HU. Ever wonder why Alpine's 2003 models did away with much of the tilting features???? Say the tilting 2002 CDA-7894 and now the 2003 non-tilting CDA-9813. Something to consider.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:35 PM
b00gers

i like the real d-face myself...i always take it with me.

and theives know all about the fake blank faces. my friend had hers stolen a while back. it was one of those flip around ones also.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:07 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by Josher
From what I've heard.... Theives generally know that people do not remove the face from HU's and if someone does, they often leave it someplace in the car. How often do you carry your HU face with you when you go someplace? Still, I'd say its all your personal preference of what you believe will work best. From the pic, it does seem like the HU is still there. Oh, and Alpine has several HU's that do the flip trick too - except Alpine calls it their Phantom Faceplate. My only concern would be that all the flipping action relys on motors, which could easily be flipping many times a day. Odds are, you won't have problems, but motors are just another thing that can break and ruin your previously wonderful HU. Ever wonder why Alpine's 2003 models did away with much of the tilting features???? Say the tilting 2002 CDA-7894 and now the 2003 non-tilting CDA-9813. Something to consider.
I take my headunit off every single time... except for when i pump gas lol
Old 02-28-2003, 04:38 AM
huviduc

i realize that thieves will know, thats not really the reason i bought it, there isnt to many thefts around were i live anyway. i just thought it was pretty spiffy, and i liked everything else to. also got a good price. the main reason i got it is to get rid of my alpine, it sicked horribly.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:10 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

If you like it, that's all that matters!!! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2003, 01:42 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by Josher
How often do you carry your HU face with you when you go someplace?
Every single time I leave the car... it's so compact, just stick it in my pocket.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:52 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

i have that same HU and i love it, its great! not much input or anything but i just love the HU.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:44 AM
95EXSedan

Sweet looking head unit dude. Now compliment it with a Sirius satellite receiver.