Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Directions Please

Old 02-23-2003, 07:31 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Directions Please

my new HU is coming in on wed and i am going to put it in by myself. i dont know much at all about audio ****. could someone give me DETAILED directions on how to do it? i have an alpine in thier now with a wiring harness. i am taking it out and replacing with kenwood. thanx alot.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:57 PM
rcurley55

installdr.com - that will show you how ot wire the harness

Find the installation manual for the current headunit to uninstall it (google.com is your friend)

Use the manual with the new head to install it.

Read those three documents, and ask any detailed questions that you have after doing that research...we are here to help!!
Old 02-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Rycechyk

Why would you replace an Alpine with Kenwood?!? :slap: I'm hoping it was a serious upgrade at an incredible price, because alpine is the best! just IMHO
Old 02-24-2003, 06:27 AM
huviduc

i am replacing it because it is a piece of ****, and the kenwood is a serious upgrade, to tell you the truth, ill never buy alpine again
Old 02-25-2003, 06:14 PM
kchubb
4ORCFED

booooo! go alpine!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Josher

First of all, what type of Alpine did you have and what type of Kenwood HU are you replacing it with. I have NEVER heard anything but praise for Alpine. First of all - since you already have a different HU in the car already, you can reuse the harness you have already. You will simply need to remove the Alpine and the harness, cut the wires running to the Alpine and then wire the harness to your new HU. Typically, the colors will match up perfectly. It really isn't all that difficult. I'm assuming you can get your old HU out of the car already. If more help is needed, let me know. I've installed a HU in my brothers Acclaim and one in my Integra.