Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

A bit of autocross knowledge for the group

Old 02-23-2003, 07:02 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bit of autocross knowledge for the group

I learned why you gotta wear a helmet at the autocross practice today in San Diego. I was comin around a hard breaking turn, car (91 CRX) started to spin. I corrected it, and as the car whipped back into line on the track, my head wacked against the upper edge of the door. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet, my head woulda hit the window. So, for all of you who may have been curious as to why solo racing requires a helmet, that's why.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:23 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Well that's not the only reason. I've seen people at autocrosses flip their car. And the roof comes caving in on you
Old 02-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Default Re: A bit of autocross knowledge for the group

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
I learned why you gotta wear a helmet at the autocross practice today in San Diego. I was comin around a hard breaking turn, car (91 CRX) started to spin. I corrected it, and as the car whipped back into line on the track, my head wacked against the upper edge of the door. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet, my head woulda hit the window. So, for all of you who may have been curious as to why solo racing requires a helmet, that's why.
When I was on my stock tires, I had this problem all the time at SoloII. Kind of entertaining for the courseworkers; guess they get a kick out of seeing a big helmet thrash around.

Shingo
Old 02-24-2003, 01:16 PM
AwwsChwA

Default Re: Re: A bit of autocross knowledge for the group

Originally posted by Shingoblade-GSR
When I was on my stock tires
hehe...when i was on my stock tires, they may as well have been chalk sticks. Damn things would just powder up around turns, car didn't even know it was spinning before it was outta control.