Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine cd player not playing burned cd's

Old 02-22-2003, 07:18 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine cd player not playing burned cd's

ive got an alpine cdm-7874(i think thats the #)...just a regular cd player, nothing special, but lately it has been having trouble reading burnt cds that come from downloads...if u just copy a cd, it has no problem....my cpu came with the roxio easy cd creator, basic as hell, but is this program not swapping the files from mp3 to a regular track completely or like it should at all....the burnt cd's will play sometimes and then sometimes they won't and error will come up.......it's definitely not dirt or scratches....all other regular cds play fine......im gonna get another as soon as possible, but i dont wanna run into this again....
Old 03-06-2003, 10:49 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 things:

1)get rid of the roxio crap and use nero to burn your cds

2)how fast are you burning them? when you burn at high speeds data will get lost and cause the cd to spit out errors either at entry or randomly while playing

3)are you using a cd-r disc or a cd-rw disc? to my memory i dont believe the 7874 will read a cd-rw so make sure its cd-r

4)whats the bitrate on these songs youre downloading because if its too low or too high of a bitrate the player wont know how to read it