Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alpine 3DA-W882 head unit....

Old 02-20-2003, 10:37 AM
epoxy
Regulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine 3DA-W882 head unit....

anyone have this head unit? it's an indash 3cd / tape player. (double din)

it's pretty neat, but it cant play alot of cd-rs... i'm pretty sure it's just because it's kinda old and just not made for that stuff. but wondering if anyone else had the same problem. geting a cd to clean the lense today, maybe that will help.

it's weird, the unit will read teh tracks, just take forever to actually play the song. sometimes it just randomly comes on or i have to mess with it by holding fastforward and it will randomly work.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:39 AM
epoxy
Regulator

this is it in my car BTW...

Old 02-20-2003, 11:05 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Try a different brand cd-r. Memorex seem to have no problems at all.

BTW, get a jdm itr shift boot to go along with your shift knob....
Old 02-21-2003, 11:12 AM
smakdown

I have the 3de-7887 version which is almost the same except single DIN. I also have the same problems occasionally of it not being able to read certain CD-R or take a long time to read tracks. First, I bought some 40x memorex cds, burned one at 16x (fastest my burner will go), and it didn't work worth crap. Then i got some 16x samsungs burned one (at 16x) and it works perfect!!! I think the reason is that the way they make new the cd-r to be faster gives our decks a hard time when tryin to read em. Try getting older disks aka slower max speed and it should work fine.